For additional peace of mind, we have a range of additional cover options to ensure all your needs are met:
If you are involved in an accident that's not your fault and was caused by a known insured third party, we will provide up to £100,000 towards costs for trained claims handlers to recover uninsured losses following an accident in the UK. We will cover claims as long as the legal team believe you can win your case.
Our trained claims handlers seek recovery for any uninsured losses from a third party such as:
- Travelling expenses
- Loss of earnings
- Compensation for personal injury
- Any excess you may be required to pay as part of a claim.
With Legal Protection you can also benefit from:
- Unlimited access to motoring legal advice for you and your immediate family
- Cover if you need to take legal action, or defend an appeal, against a motor trader in a dispute involving the purchase, servicing, or repair of your vehicle
- The option of a two-hour driver confidence course to help you get back in the driving seat if you have lost your confidence or if you have suffered an injury as a result of an accident in your vehicle
- Up to £10,000 of legal costs in respect of any legal claim to pursue the recovery of illegal clamping or towing fees relating to your vehicle.
Legal Protection comes as standard with our Saga Plus Motorhome Insurance cover level but can also be added to a Saga Select insurance policy at any time, view more information on our motorhome insurance cover levels.
Saga Legal Protection is arranged and administered by Arc Legal Assistance Ltd and underwritten by by AmTrust Europe Limited.
Increased Personal Accident
Regardless of whose fault it is, if you or your named spouse/domestic partner are seriously injured as a result of an accident involving your motorhome, our Comprehensive policies include £5,000 compensation for selected serious injuries as standard. Increased Personal Accident extends cover for serious injuries from £5,000 up to £50,000 per person and covers a wider range of injuries. It also includes cover up to £250 for physiotherapy, including for whiplash.
New - We’ve doubled several of the injury payments and made many other upgrades too. For example, we now pay £300 for a one-night hospital stay and £200 for each consecutive night, up to a total of 14. Family members in your vehicle are also now covered, and you and your named spouse/partner are even covered when driving borrowed vehicles. We also cover up to £250 for counselling therapy.
We’re always looking for ways to improve our cover and give you great value, so we’ve introduced these improvements to existing customers. This means that you can be safe in the knowledge that with Saga, if we can ever give our customers more, we always will.
Increased Personal Accident cover is arranged and administered by Arc Legal Assistance Ltd and underwritten by by AmTrust Europe Limited.
Saga Motorhome Breakdown Assistance
To help keep you on the road, Motorhome Breakdown Assistance can be added to your policy. It offers reliable breakdown cover 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and you can choose the cover that’s right for you from these options:
- Motorhome Assistance – repair at home or roadside, or recovery of your motorhome, driver and all passengers to your home or garage of your choice within ten miles of your destination
- Motorhome Assistance Plus – the above plus cover for your motorhome during trips throughout the European Union.
Saga Essential, Home Call and National Recovery Breakdown Assistance is provided by RAC Motoring Services. Saga Comprehensive, Premier, Motorhome Assistance and Motorhome Assistance Plus Breakdown Assistance is provided by RAC Motoring Services and RAC Insurance Limited.
Replacement Car Extension for Theft or Total Loss
Our Comprehensive policies include a replacement car as standard if an approved repairer is repairing your motorhome following an accident in the UK.
For an additional cost you can add Replacement Car Extension to your policy. With this cover we can also offer you a replacement car if yours is stolen or written off - keeping you mobile and giving you time to find and purchase a new vehicle.
We also include a £100 cash benefit, which could help towards things like replacement car delivery costs or pre-purchase vehicle inspections. There are no restrictions on what you choose to spend the money on though; the pay-out is automatic and there’s no need to send in any receipts.
To purchase additional cover, please call our friendly, UK based advisers who will be happy to assist you on 0800 904 7763
Saga Replacement Car Extension is provided by Acromas Insurance Company Limited, which meets our high standards of quality and service.