Home reversion plans
There are lots of different equity release products available today – each with their own features and benefits. Read on for more information about the home reversion plans.
What is a home reversion plan?
Things to think about
- Tax-free lump sum
- There's no interest to pay as it’s not a loan
- You can usually release higher amounts than with a lifetime mortgage
- You'll benefit from any increase in value on any share of the property that you still own
- You can live in your home rent-free for the rest of your life or until you leave it to move into permanent long-term care.
Things to consider
- It will reduce the value of your estate
- The reversion company owns a share, or all, of your home
- You will receive less than the current market value of your home
- Your entitlement to state benefits may be affected
- Home reversion plans can be repaid, but your home would need to be bought back from the reversion company at full market value.
Am I eligible for a home reversion plan?
You must be living in that property
The youngest homeowner must be at least 65 years old
The property must be worth £120,000 or more
Why consider equity release from Saga?
Deciding on whether equity release is right for you is understandably a big decision. You’ll want to be sure that you’ve considered all the facts and looked into your options with someone you can trust to act in your best interests. That’s why we’ve partnered with HUB Financial Solutions to bring you the Saga Equity Release Advice Service.
HUB provide an unbiased advice service, which means your adviser will spend time understanding your financial circumstances in detail, so that they can recommend the most appropriate product for you.They pride themselves on the quality of their service and take pleasure in seeing how equity release transforms people’s lives.
Your adviser will only recommend equity release products that meet the standards
of the Equity Release Council, who oversee the industry and its members,
and ensure that their strict standards and principles are upheld.
Whenever you’re ready, we’re here for you.
Information about our provider
The Saga Equity Release Advice Service is provided by HUB Financial Solutions Limited who will pay us an introductory fee if you decide to take out a plan. Saga Personal Finance is a registered trading name of Saga Personal Finance Limited, which is registered in England and Wales (Company No. 3023493). Registered office: Enbrook Park, Sandgate, Folkestone, Kent CT20 3SE. Saga Personal Finance Limited and HUB Financial Solutions Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.