Over 50s Travel Insurance
Our travel insurance gives you the following cover against coronavirus
If you, a close relative or any of your travel party gets a positive coronavirus test in writing during the 14 days before you depart.
If you, a close relative or anyone you're staying or travelling with gets a positive coronavirus test in writing and you have to cut short your trip.
Up to £10 million emergency medical expenses
Cover still applies even if you get ill with coronavirus while you're away. Plus, you can now call the Saga GP Helpline at any time when you're on holiday.
If the FCDO advice in place advises against all-but-essential travel, you will be covered for non-essential trips under the policy, but we will exclude cover for the reason the FCDO advice is in place. More foreign travel advice can be found on the Government website.
In addition to flexible coronavirus cover, our travel insurance provides a range of additional benefits as listed below:
Benefits of Saga Travel Insurance
- Travel for up to 120 days
- Tailored for the over 50s with no upper age limit
- Cover for many pre-existing medical conditions
- Up to £10,000 cancellation cover
- Up to £10 million emergency medical cover
- Up to £5,000 baggage cover.
Extra benefits at no extra cost
As well as cover you would expect from a travel insurance policy, we go further to include at no extra cost some aspects you may not expect as standard, such as:
- Up to £1,500 for a replacement flight
- Up to £1,500 enforced stay cover
- Up to £5,000 substitute accommodation cover
- Up to £10,000 abandonment cover.
Find out more about our single trip cover levels.
Annual multi-trip travel insurance is suitable for those who plan to travel more than once a year. If you are only travelling once in a 12-month period, single trip travel insurance may be more suitable for you.
Why choose Saga?
Our Trustpilot score is based solely on customer reviews and is a combined score for all our insurance products.
Enjoy more benefits as a Saga customer
It’s not just high-quality insurance you get when you take out a Saga Travel Insurance policy – you also gain access to an array of impressive benefits.
Get great savings
Take advantage of discounts and offers from Saga and our carefully chosen partners, on everything from dining out and day activities to gardening and home fitness.
Win fantastic prizes
You'll also get regular chances to enter prize draws to win gems such as a Saga cruise or a year's free insurance. Plus, get access to entertaining and informative articles, videos and advice.
15% discount when you buy travel insurance. Full terms and conditions below.
- To qualify for this offer you need to buy a travel insurance policy from Saga by getting a quote online here or by calling 0800 092 4630 and stating the reference in your letter
- This offer is only available on new single trip and annual multi-trip policies
- The 15% discount amount will be applied to your core premium. This doesn’t include any additional cover options you select
- This offer closes on 31 October 2021 at 11.59pm
- Offer may be withdrawn at any time.
Saga’s range of insurance products is designed specifically for our customers and is unique to us. Saga Travel Insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, which meets our high standards of quality and service.Get a quote