Share up to £200 in gift cards when a friend you refer to Saga buys a home, car, multi-trip travel or health insurance policy.
- The Saga Refer a Friend promotion launched on 11 September 2020.
- The promotion is administered and hosted by Buyapowa for Saga.
- The promotion may be withdrawn, amended or extended at any time and without notice.
- The promotion is only open to residents of England, Scotland and Wales and available when those referred purchase home, car, multi-trip travel or health insurance policies.
The following insurance policies cannot be purchased through the Refer a Friend scheme and so are not eligible for rewards: single-trip travel, landlord, TailorMade, pet, boat, breakdown, holiday home and caravan.
Referring a friend
- To be eligible to refer a friend, the person referring (the "referrer") must:
a. have a valid email address
b. be a current policyholder of any type of Saga insurance.
- To enter the promotion, the referrer must follow the instructions on our website, including entering their details where requested.
- Having provided their personal details on our referrer page and entered this promotion, the referrer will be given a unique referral link which is personal to them. The referrer may share this by email or on various social media platforms with their friends, family members or any other members of the public who are aged 50 or over and residents of England, Scotland or Wales.
- For the avoidance of doubt, a referrer cannot refer themselves.
Using a referral
- To be eligible to accept a referral, the person accepting (the "friend") must:
a. have a valid email address
b. not use the referral link to buy a second Saga policy of the same product type they already hold.
- The friend must follow a referral link and go on to enrol in the promotion. To enter the promotion the friend must follow the instructions on our website, including providing their details where requested. The friend must use the same email address when completing a quote and joining the promotion.
Getting the reward
- Once the friend purchases an eligible Saga insurance product, both the referrer and the friend will be eligible to claim a choice of gift cards between 32 and 45 days of the purchase if the following conditions are met:
a. the referrer and the friend must be eligible to enter the promotion and follow the instructions as set out above
b. both referrer and the friend must be current policyholders outside of their cancellation period. The cancellation period is usually 14 days from policy start date or the date the documents are received (whichever is sooner). There may be some promotions which, if paying by monthly Direct Debit, require two months' payments to be made before the rewards are sent.
- The promoter is Saga Services Limited, Enbrook Park, Sandgate, Folkestone, Kent CT20 3SE (Company Registration Number 732602) with Buyapowa Limited of 24 Greville Street, London EC1N 8SS as the platform provider for the scheme.
- Entering this promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- By entering this promotion you agree to Saga sending further communications solely as part of this promotion. This does not affect your general Saga marketing preferences.
- No cash alternative will be offered. The promoter reserves the right to substitute a reward of equivalent or greater value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
- The gift cards may be subject to additional terms and conditions by Amazon.co.uk and Marks and Spencer. Recipients of the gift cards agree that the cost of and the responsibility for complying with such additional terms and conditions will be borne solely by them.
- Amazon.co.uk is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon.co.uk gift cards ("GCs") may be redeemed on the Amazon.co.uk website towards the purchase of eligible products available on www.amazon.co.uk. GCs cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other account. Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a GC is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. See www.amazon.co.uk/gc-legal for complete terms and conditions. GCs are issued by Amazon EU S.a r.l. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
- Marks and Spencer is not a sponsor of this promotion. Gift cards/e-cards can be used online at marksandspencer.com and in all M&S stores in the UK. This includes Outlet, Simply Food and Moto service station, hospital, airport and train station stores and M&S cafes, but excludes BP Connect stores and international stores. See https://www.marksandspencer.com/c/help/gift-cards-and-egift-cards for complete terms and conditions.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions upon entry. Saga reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award gift cards to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions
- Saga reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- This promotion is governed by the laws of England and Wales and participants submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
The value of the gift card is dependent on which type of insurance the friend purchases. This is as follows:
£20 for both referrer and friend if a home, car or multi-trip travel insurance policy is purchased.
£100 for both referrer and friend if a health insurance policy is purchased.
Page updated 02 November 2020