- 180 ml peach liqueur
- Haribo of choice (I like a mix of gummy bears and Tangfastics)
- 75cl bottle of sparkling wine, cava or Prosecco of choice (or champagne if you’re feeling flush)
At the risk of you thinking I’m a complete dilettante let me just say that not only is this drink tremendous fun to serve, but you can of course use other sparkling wine. Champagne and Haribo just has a nice ring to it and, as with most cocktails, came about more by accident than design—I had an abundance of Haribo left over from a party and a mini bottle of champagne in the fridge.
1. Pour 30ml of the peach liqueur in each of six champagne flutes and add the Haribo—one or two of each type.
2. Top up with fizz and stir a little so the Haribo start to bob and dance about.
3. Drink. And watch out for those tipsy Haribo—they’re the best part!
Extracted from Signe Johansen's How to Hygge: The Secrets of Nordic Living (Bluebird, £14.99), published on October 20 2016.
Visit our cocktail section for more cocktail recipes, including Champagne cocktails, peach Bellini and more.
The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated.
The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.