For the Creme Egg brookies
- 250g unsalted butter, melted
- 300g granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour, split into 50g and 250g
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g dark chocolate chips or a chopped up bar, split into 150g and 50g
- 6 Creme Eggs, halved
- 2 mixing bowls (one should be microwaveable)
- 20 x 30cm traybake tin, lined with parchment
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C fan, 180°C, 350°F, gas mark 4.
2. In the microwaveable bowl, melt 150g of the dark chocolate in 30 second increments, being careful not to burn it. Set to one side.
3. In the other mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and sugar with the spatula followed by the eggs and vanilla. Mix until everything is combined.
4. Pour 350g of this mixture into the melted dark chocolate and mix thoroughly before folding in 50g of flour. This is your brownie base – pour this into your lined tin and spread evenly using the spatula or the back of the teaspoon. Pop this in the freezer while you make the cookie topping.
5. To make the cookie topping, add the rest of the plain flour (250g) and bicarbonate to the remainder of the butter, sugar and egg mixture. Combine with a cleaned spatula until smooth, then fold in the leftover 50g of dark chocolate chips/chunks. Take the brownie base out of the freezer and spread the cookie dough evenly on top.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes until risen and golden on top. Allow to cool slightly before gently pressing the Creme Egg halves into the baked Brookie.
7. Once the Brookie has cooled completely in the tin, remove it and cut it into portions.
Recipe from the Easy Peasy Baking campaign, launched by UK Flour Millers. You can find more Easy Peasy Baking recipes and information on the campaign over on the Fab Flour website: https://fabflour.co.uk/easy-peasy-bakes/ or on social: @fab_flour on Instagram or @fabflour on Facebook and Twitter.
Visit our baking recipes section, including more great ideas for baking with children and Easter baking ideas