- Prepare an 8-inch diameter deep tin and pre-heat the oven to 160C.
- Sift together the flour, raising agents and spices.
- In a food processor, beat the eggs and gradually add the sugar.
- Add Cotswold Gold rapeseed oil slowly.
- Pulse the dry ingredients and carrots (don't over-process).
- Add the dates to the mixture.
- Bake at 160C for 35 mins.
To make the icing
Add all the icing ingredients together and then cover cake once it is cold.
Our thanks to Cotswold Gold for permission to use this recipe.