1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan oven 200°C/ Gas Mark 7. Grease 2 large baking sheets.
2. Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add the chopped rosemary and stir it in. Rub in the chilled Lurpak Slightly Salted butter with your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Stir in about three-quarters of the cheese.
3. Beat the egg and milk together, then stir it into the mixture with a knife. Bring the dough together with your hand, then turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a few moments until smooth.
4. Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 3cm, then use a small (3-4cm) cutter to stamp out the scones, re-rolling the dough as necessary. Arrange 15-16 scones an overlapping circle on one baking sheet. Put any remaining scones on the second baking sheet. Brush the tops with a little milk and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden.
5. Leave to cool for a few minutes. Garnish the wreath with rosemary sprigs and serve while warm, with olives and extra Lurpak Slightly Salted Butter.
Cook’s tip: When cutting out the scones, avoid twisting the cutter – this will help them to rise better.
Our thanks to Lurpak for providing this recipe.
For more festive ideas, see our selection of Christmas baking recipes.