- Whisk butter and sugar until creamy.
- Stir in almond powder then the eggs.
- Leave to set and remove from fridge 10 mins before using.
- Cut a large rectangle of the pastry, fold in 1 cm border along the edge and prick the pastry all over with a fork.
- Spread the almond cream to cover the base.
- Peel and slice pears into about 3mm thick slices and alternate layers.
- Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with the Demerara sugar.
- Bake in oven in 180 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes until pastry is crispy and golden and the pears are cooked.
- Serve with organic crème fraîche.
Monica Galetti has created a range of seasonal recipes for the Organic. Naturally Different campaign which demonstrate the benefits of buying organic products for the savvy shopper. For more information, visit: www.facebook.com/organicuk