Thin tart of pears with crème fraîche
Rustle up this autumn treat of pears baked on a bed of almond cream and puff pastry.
thin tart of pears with crème fraîche
Monica Galetti's thin tart of pears with crème fraîche
- ½ puff pastry sheet
- 5 organic pears
- 100g soft organic butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 120g ground almonds
- 2 medium organic eggs, beaten
- 20g Demerara sugar
- 25g melted organic butter
- Organic crème fraîche to serve
- Whisk butter and sugar until creamy.
- Stir in almond powder then the eggs.
- Leave to set and remove from fridge 10 mins before using.
- Cut a large rectangle of the pastry, fold in 1 cm border along the edge and prick the pastry all over with a fork.
- Spread the almond cream to cover the base.
- Peel and slice pears into about 3mm thick slices and alternate layers.
- Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with the Demerara sugar.
- Bake in oven in 180 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes until pastry is crispy and golden and the pears are cooked.
- Serve with organic crème fraîche.
Monica Galetti has created a range of seasonal recipes for the Organic. Naturally Different campaign which demonstrate the benefits of buying organic products for the savvy shopper. For more information, visit: www.facebook.com/organicuk
The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated.
The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.