1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the sausages until they’re cooked through, then transfer onto a plate. Slice on the diagonal and set aside.
2. Add the garlic, chilli and rosemary to the pan and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Stir in the celery and carrots and simmer for a further 3 minutes. Add the stock and thyme, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Return the sausages to the pan and add the beans. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for a further 12 minutes.
5. Stir in the cherry tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.
Keeping it local: try Cumberland sausages, pork & leek or pork & apple Sausages. You can replace the beans with new season potatoes - just leave the skins on and quarter them.
Eat Like An Italian
Catherine Fulvio of Ballyknocken House & Cookery School, has a book available now 'Eat Like An Italian: Recipes for the Good Life', published by Gill & Macmillan at £19.99, which provides lots of information and tips on how to adapt to a more leisurely lifestyle and incorporate the Italian food rules. Find out more about Catherine Fulvio at www.ballyknocken.com.