1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4) and line a 20 x 30-cm tray bake tin with non-stick baking paper.
2. First make the shortbread topping. Whizz together the flour, butter and sugar in the food processor or rub together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles rough breadcrumbs. Set aside.
3. Whisk together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in an electric mixer. Gently mix in the ground almonds and flour.
4. Scrape into the prepared tin and place in the preheated oven. After 10 minutes, remove the cake from the oven and sprinkle the frozen berries on top.
5. Roughly spread the shortbread mixture over the top and return to the oven to bake for a further 15 minutes until the crumble topping is golden and crisp.
6. Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into portions. Alternatively, serve while still warm with ice cream for a delicious pudding.
This recipe has been donated by Miranda Gore Browne to Dream Tea. Find out how to host your own Dream Tea event to help fulfill the dreams of children living with serious conditions.