1. Grease a small, square, deep sided baking tray with a little coconut oil and line with baking parchment.
2. Place the figs in a small bowl, pour over enough hot water to cover them and leave to soak for 20 minutes, then drain.
3. Meanwhile, place the 120g of walnuts and half the oats into a food processor and blitz until they are the texture of course sand.
4. Add the orange zest, flaxseed, medjool dates, maple syrup, coconut oil and drained soaked figs to the food processor. Process until the mixture comes together into one lump.
5. Tip the mixture into a mixing bowl and add in the remaining oats and cranberries, kneading them in with your hands.
6. Tip the mixture into your prepared tray and smooth down with the back of a spoon, pushing the mixture into the corners.
7. Place into the fridge to set for around 1 hour, or until firm to the touch.
8. Cut into 16 squares using a sharp knife and place a walnut on top of each square to serve.
Our thanks to California Walnuts for providing this recipe
Visit our snacks and light bites section for more delicious snack and small meal ideas