1. For the energy bites, line a baking tray with parchment or baking paper.
2. In a food processor, combine the raisins, oats, dark chocolate chips, salt and 100g of walnut halves. Pulse until the mixture forms into a thick, but still chunky, paste (1-2 minutes), turning off the food processor and scraping down the sides as needed.
3. Using your hands, roll the mixture into 15g (around tablespoon-sized) balls. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. For the bat wings and eyes, line another baking tray with parchment or baking paper.
5. Gently melt the dark chocolate in a microwave, or in a bowl over simmering water. With a fork, dip each walnut piece into the melted dark chocolate, covering it completely with chocolate. Tap the fork on the side to remove excess chocolate, and place the walnut pieces on the prepared baking tray. Repeat until all wings are coated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Gently push a chocolate walnut piece into the left and right side of each bat bite to make the wings.
7. Push two white chocolate chips onto the bat's front side to make the eyes. Using your hands, roll the mixture into 15g (around tablespoon-sized) balls. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
8. Serve, or refrigerate until just before serving.
Our thanks to California Walnuts for providing this recipe
Visit our Halloween section for more spooky food and party ideas