What better way to cool off in the Balearics than with a Spanish sunset cocktail. The iced citrusy flavour of freshly squeezed Spanish orange, sweet and smooth orange liqueur, mixed with the clean refreshing taste of vodka and all finished off with a cheeky Cava fizz. This is an easy to make drink packed full of summer flavour. Relax and enjoy as sunset turns into sundown with this crowd pleasing fruity but elegant cocktail.
Cocktail for 1
- 30ml vodka
- Juice of ½ a Spanish orange
- 15ml orange liqueur
- A handful of crushed ice
- Spanish cava to serve
- Maraschino cherry (optional)
1. Put the vodka, fresh orange juice and orange liqueur into a cocktail shaker with a good handful of ice.
2. Shake until well mixed and the outside of the shaker is very cold.
3. Strain the drink into a glass and top with chilled cava.
4. Decorate with the maraschino cherry if using.
This recipe is provided by James Villas. Find out how to get the most out of your holiday with their guides.
Visit our cocktail section for more delicious cocktail recipes
The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated.
The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.