Shortbread is traditionally made using sugar, butter and flour but this recipe uses some added cornflour and ground rice or semolina for texture.
1. Preheat the oven to fan oven 180C, 160C, gas mark 4. Lightly grease a 19x29cm tin with butter.
2. Sift the flour and cornflour together into a big mixing bowl.
3. Stir in the ground rice or semolina and sugar and then beat in the butter. Alternatively you can put all the ingredients in a food processor and mix to a smooth dough.
4. Press the shortbread dough into the tin and level the surface with the back of a spoon. Prick all over with a fork.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes until set and just golden. Remove from the oven, cut into 24 pieces and leave to cool and firm up in the tin.
6. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
If you’d like to try more recipes using 100% British flour, visit www.homeprideflour.co.uk
Visit our biscuit section for more delicious recipes