Lemon drizzle cake
Everyone loves lemon drizzle cake (and home-baked always tastes so much better) so why not whip up this light and tangy loaf? It is quick and easy.
Classic lemon drizzle cake
- 175g (6 oz) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 175g (6 oz) Stork packet
- 175g (6 oz) caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Finely grated rind of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 lemons, strained
- 115g (4 oz) caster sugar
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, add the remaining cake ingredients and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased and base-lined 1 kg (2 lb) loaf tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C, 350°F, Gas 4 for 1 hour or until cooked.
- Turn out on to a wire tray.
- Put the lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- While cake is warm, drizzle the syrup over so that it soaks into the cake.
- Slice and serve warm.
Recipe provided by Stork. For further baking tips and recipe ideas please visit www.bakewithstork.co.uk
The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated.
The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.