- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Lightly grease the insides of 6 individual soufflé or ramekin dishes (180ml).
- In a bowl, beat together the spread, yogurt, sugar and zest until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Sift together the flour, cornflour and baking powder, then fold into the mixture.
- Mix the maple syrup and marmalade together in a bowl, then divide the mix into the bases of the prepared dishes. Carefully spoon the pudding mix over the marmalade and fill them up to the top of each dish.
- Cover the dishes with clingfilm and place in a deep baking tin.
- Pour enough boiling water into the pan to cover halfway up the sides of the pudding dishes.
- Cover the pan, return to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 25–30 minutes or until a small knife inserted in the centre of a pudding comes out clean. Carefully remove the puddings and allow to cool slightly.
- Dust liberally with icing sugar and serve warm with low-fat yogurt or vanilla ice cream.
4 PORTIONS: 270 KCals, 5g protein, 8g fat, 1.9g saturated fat, 47g carbohydrate, 29.6g sugar, 0.5 fibre, 0.39g salt, 153mg sodium
Healthy Eating for Lower Blood Pressure by Paul Gayler & Gemma Heiser MSc in association with the Blood Pressure Foundation is published by Kyle Cathie, priced £12.99. Photography by Will Heap.