1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 3, 170°C, 325°F. To prepare the spiced rub; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together, except the grape juice.
2. Place the joint in a non-stick roasting tin and coat on both sides with the rub. Pour the grape juice around the lamb, cover with baking parchment then foil. Roast for 4 hours, turning half way during cooking.
3. Meanwhile, to prepare the fennel and chilli slaw; in a large bowl mix together the ingredients and set aside.
4. Remove the lamb from the tin and finish on a medium prepared barbecue for 10 minutes on each side (optional).
5. Place the joint on a chopping board and `pull’ the cooked lamb apart by securing the joint with a fork and shredding the meat with another fork.
6. Serve the lamb in flatbreads or pitta breads with the coleslaw.
Our thanks to Simply Beef and Lamb for providing this recipe.