If you’re struggling to come up with the perfect date destination, we’ve picked out five of our favourite places in London to visit for a date – and not a single Michelin-starred restaurant in sight.
Here are our London date suggestions for a capital day out:
1. The Shard, London’s tallest building standing at an impressive 306 meters tall. Three floors of viewing platforms give you 360-degree uninterrupted views of London. As romantic as the Eiffel Tower? We’ll let you decide.
2. The London Eye, a way to see the sights of London without the dizzying heights of The Shard. This 30-minute experience gives you plenty of opportunity to get to know each other while appreciating the breath-taking views of the capital.
3. Hyde Park, pack a picnic and a blanket and head down to one of London’s fantastic green spaces. Hyde Park, the biggest and most well-known of London parks has a lot to offer. Take a paddle boat across the Serpentine or enjoy the tranquillity of the Princess Diana memorial fountain. A romantic and cost-effective day out beckons.
4. The West End needs little introduction. London’s West End is the cultural capital of the UK featuring the biggest stars of the stage and some of the most elaborate productions in the world. From comedy musicals all the way through to the ballet and opera, there is a wealth of shows to choose from. Book yours at the best price with Saga and Encore tickets.
5. Free London. Hundreds of London attractions are absolutely FREE. Visit the Tate Modern, the National Gallery or the National Portrait Gallery. If art isn’t really your cup of tea then head to Kensington for the Natural History Museum – stand in wonder in the beautiful gem room or explore Earth from the very beginning in the red zone.
London has a lot to offer and this is just a tiny selection of our personal favourites. Why not add a comment below and inspire others with your perfect dates in London?
Join Saga Dating
- Create your free online dating profile in under five minutes
- Find your match with our unique two-way matching process
- Protected by the Online Dating Association
Join Saga Dating today.
The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated.
The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.