1. Preheat the oven to 180ᵒC/350ᵒf/Gas Mark 4. Grease and base line a 900ml/2pt loaf tin.
2. Place the honey, sugar and butter in a small pan and gently heat, stirring until the butter has melted. Remove from the heat, stir in the cream and cool for 5 minutes.
3. Quarter, peel and core the apples and thinly slice. Sift the flours and baking powder into a large bowl, add the honey mixture and eggs, beat well for 1 minute. Spoon half the mixture into the loaf tin, then scatter over two thirds of the apple slices, top with the rest of the cake mix then level the surface. Arrange the last apple slices in a line down the centre of the cake. Bake for 1hr-1hr 5 mins until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
4. Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes, before removing from the tin.
5. Warm the honey and whisky together in a saucepan and then drizzle over the cake. Leave until cold then serve.
Visit our baking section for more delicious recipes for cakes, biscuits and bread.