1. First make the pancakes: Place 2 of the eggs, milk, flour and salt in a large jug and whisk together to form a smooth batter.
2. Heat a medium frying pan, add a few drops of oil, then add a ladle of batter and swirl around the pan to make a thin pancake. Cook for 2 mins on each side, until golden on both sides and transfer to a plate. Repeat to make 8 pancakes in total.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
4. Mix the onion, tomatoes, beans, avocado, chilli and two thirds of the cheese together.
5. Lightly oil the base of a 25cm baking dish and lay down a pancake.
6. Scatter over a sixth of the filling, make a well in the centre and crack an egg in into it.
7. Top with a second pancake. Repeat the layering ending in a pancake. Sprinkle over the rest of the cheese and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes, before serving it in wedges.
Nutritional information per serving
Energy: 553 kcals
Total fat: 27.5g
Saturated fat: 9.2g
Our thanks to British Lion Eggs for providing this recipe.
For more Shrove Tuesday ideas visit our pancake recipe hub