- 1 piece of naan bread*
- 2 avocados
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 80 ml (2¾ fl oz/⅓ cup) light tahini
- Seeds from ½ pomegranate
- 35 g (1¼ oz) coconut flakes, toasted
- Large handful of coriander (cilantro) leaves, roughly chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to drizzle (optional)
* If catering for vegans be aware that most shop-bought naans contain milk but Clay Oven Bakery, available from Asda and Morrisons, are suitable for vegans.
Toast the naan until golden.
Peel and pit the avocados and mash to a loose chunky purée.
Season with salt and half the lemon juice. Whisk together the tahini and the remaining lemon juice, then whisk in 100 ml (3½ fl oz/scant ½ cup) iced water until smooth. Season with salt.
Spread the naan with the tahini sauce and top with the pomegranate seeds, coconut and coriander.
Drizzle with olive oil, if liked.
Vegetarian Party Food by Jessica Oldfield (Hardie Grant, £12.99) Photography © Beatriz Da Costa
Visit our canapé section for more party food recipes