Save £250 on a Contrasts of the Danube river cruise
Exclusive Possibilities member's price from:
From £1,449 per person for nine nights (
Possibilities members save £250 per person
Departs: 29 July 2019
Note: To book please call Saga Holidays on 0800 302 9753.
Contrasts of the Danube
Highlights of the cruise include:
- discovering Constanta
- the scenery and wildlife of the Danube Delta
- cruising through the dramatic scenery of the Iron Gates Gorge
- exploring Belgrade, Serbia's fascinating capital.
As Europe's second longest river, the Danube carves its way through a huge swathe of Europe – ten countries in fact! On this cruise you'll set off from its Black Sea delta through Romania, Serbia and Hungary, discovering the historic cities that grew up along this important trading route.
After an overnight hotel stay in Romania's capital, Bucharest, and a tour of the sea port of Constanta, you'll embark your ship in Tulcea. Cruise the stunning wildlife-rich Danube Delta en route to Braila and Rousse, a city so lovely it's affectionately known as 'Little Vienna'. A mooring in Nikopol offers the chance to tour Pleven and, at the Pleven Panorama, uncover the story of this ancient city's five-month siege.
Have your camera at the ready as you cruise through the dramatic ‘Iron Gates’ gorge to the Serbian capital, Belgrade, with time to explore this 2000-year-old city. Hungary then beckons. Enjoy the contrast to Serbian city life in Mohács, a town famous for its folk traditions and from where an optional excursion into the Hungarian lowlands reveals a remarkable performance of traditional horsemanship. Bid a fond farewell to the dazzlingly diverse Danube as you fly home from Budapest.
Holiday features include:
- one night in a hotel, eight aboard the ship
- 26 meals: nine breakfasts, eight lunches and nine dinners
- wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- UK travel service
- drinks reception and Captain’s dinner
- complimentary Wi-Fi on board
- Saga Cruise Host
- Saga Cruise Assistant on board
- entertainment and activities on the ship
- tour of Constanta
- return flights and transfers.
To book call Saga on 0800 302 9753.