Save £250 on a Vienna and the Blue Danube river cruise
Exclusive Possibilities member's price from:
£1,799 per person for 10 nights (
Possibilities members save £250 per person
Departs: 25 May, 6 July and 19 August 2020
Note: This offer is also available on 22 and 26 June; and 30 September 2020 departures. Prices do vary and selected departure itineraries are in reverse order, please call for details. To book please call Saga Holidays on 0800 302 9753
Vienna and the Blue Danube
Enjoy a scenic seven nights cruise through four countries before spending three nights in cultural Vienna.
Highlights of the cruise include:
- a Mozart and Strauss concert in one of the Viennese Palais
- a dinner in one of the last monastery cellars in Vienna
- stops in two other spectacular capitals: Bratislava and Budapest
- the stunning scenery of the Wachau Valley and Danube Bend.
A full-day mooring in the vibrant city of Budapest, and a tour of the highlights, provides a memorable start to an enchanting cruise through the tranquil riverscapes of Hungary, Slovakia and Austria. Set off from Hungary’s capital to its ‘cradle’ – Esztergom – where the country’s first king was born, then explore Bratislava. The capital of Hungary in the late Middle Ages, it’s now capital of Slovakia, which goes to show just how entwined the histories of these central European countries are.
Cruise into the Austrian city of Linz, and contrast the medieval old town with the high-tech ‘museum of the future’, or feast your eyes on sumptuous artworks by Klimt and Schiele at the Lentos art museum. Discover the ‘Venice of Bavaria’, Passau, at the confluence of three rivers, the magnificent abbey at Melk and the picturesque town of Dürnstein en route to Vienna.
End your holiday with three nights hotel stay in the grand Austrian capital, with its myriad art galleries, coffee shops and horse-drawn carriages. Whilst here enjoy a city tour, Mozart and Strauss concert and local dinner with optional visits to Schonnbrunn Palace and Vienna Woods.
Enjoy a classical music-themed version of this cruise on 26 June, 2020. Soprano April Fredrick will join the cruise to give talks and perform with a pianist accompaniment.
Holiday features include:
- 3 nights in a hotel, 7 aboard the ship
- 26 meals: 10 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 10 dinners
- VIP door-to-door travel service
- optional travel insurance underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch and additional cancellation rights on overseas holidays for over 50s, or a price reduction if not required (cover is subject to medical questions)
- wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner on the ship
- three excursions including tours of Budapest and Vienna plus an evening concert
- cocktail party and Captain's dinner
- complimentary Wi-Fi on board
- Saga cruise director
- Saga cruise escort on board
- entertainment and activities on the ship
- return flights and transfers.
To book call Saga on 0800 302 9753.