Save £150 on a tour in the Foothills of the Himalaya
£1,999 per person for twelve nights (
Possibilities members save £150 per person
Departs: 15 April 2020
In the Foothills of the Himalaya
Highlights of the tour include:
- witnessing the holy ‘putting to bed’ ceremony at Amritsar’s Golden Temple
- watching the theatrical changing of the guard at Wagah
- getting a glimpse into Shimla’s colonial past.
Taking you to the iconic temples and hill stations of Northern India, this tour is perfect if you’re looking for something a little off the beaten path. Discover the sacred spiritual centres of Amritsar (home of the Golden Temple, Sikhism’s holiest shrine) and Dharamshala. Listen for echoes of empire in Shimla and Delhi, the summer and winter capitals of the British Raj. And marvel at the spectacular scenery of the forest-cloaked Himalayan foothills.
Day 1: UK - In flight
Day 2: Delhi
Day 3: Delhi - Amritsar
Day 4: Amritsar
Day 5: Amritsar - Dharamshala
Day 6: Dharamshala
Day 7: Dharamshala - Pragpur
Day 8: Pragpur - Shimla
Days 9-10: Shimla
Day 11: Shimla - Kalka - Delhi
Day 12: Delhi
Day 13: Delhi - UK
Holiday features include:
- 11 nights in hotels and 1 in flight (accommodation as specified or similar)
- 23 meals: 11 breakfasts (days 3-13) 1 lunch (day 11) 11 dinners (days 2-12)
Ten included excursions and visits:
- Yerevan city tour with cooking masterclass
- Khor Virap Monastery, Echmiadzin Treasury Museum and Zvartnots Cathedral
- Amberd fortress and Perch Proshyan House-Museum
- Geghard and Sevanavank monasteries and the Temple of Garni
- Haghartsin and Haghpat monasteries and a Molokan village
- Tbilisi city tour
- Stalin’s childhood home, Gori
- Gergeti Sameba Church
- Ananuri castle complex
- Funicular ride to Mtatsminda plateau
- Kakheti including wine tasting and cooking masterclass
Plus all these benefits:
- Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service
- Titan tour manager and local guide
- international flights. Prices are based on return flights with Virgin Atlantic from London Heathrow. Supplements may apply from other airports
- travel in destination by coach (4-passenger vehicles are used on days 4-8)
- Visa is not included, please call for details.
- This tour contains areas of high altitude and customers that may be concerned, are recommended to consult their doctor.
- Many journeys on this tour are along uneven and bumpy roads, through hilly terrain.
Dreaming of seeing the Taj Mahal? We can arrange an extra few days’ stay in India so you can lay eyes on Agra’s iconic white-marble mausoleum. Speak to one of our travel advisors for further details.