Save £200 on Madeira – Pearl of the Atlantic
£979 per person for seven nights (
Possibilities members save £200 per person
Departs: 7 May 2020
Madeira – Pearl of the Atlantic
Highlights of the tour include:
- Lose yourself in the narrow streets of Funchal’s Old Town
- Take in the views from Eira do Serrado
- Breathe in the scent of tropical flowers at Funchal’s botanical gardens
If you like your holidays to feature strolls in gloriously colourful gardens, mood-lifting sunshine, panoramic mountain views, wonderful countryside walks and local wine and crafts, then Madeira really is a find. And this excellent-value tour lets you find it at your own pace. Excursions include a fascinating full island tour and Madeira wine tasting - leaving you with free time to spend following the ‘levada’ paths that cross the dramatic volcanic landscapes and meander through verdant forests.
Day 1: UK - Funchal
Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service collects you from home for your flight to Madeira. On arrival we transfer to the centrally-located Pestana Casino Park Hotel (5T), or VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira (4T), with spectacular views from cliff-top positions.
Day 2: Funchal
Today you're at leisure to explore Funchal. Perhaps visit the City Hall, remodelled to the revivalist style of the 1940s; take a cable car up to Monte from the Old Town or explore the Jardim Tropical Monte Palace.
Day 3: Funchal
Tour of Funchal, including a guided walk through the market, visit to an embroidery factory, visit to the Botanical Gardens, and finish at the Madeira Wine Company. The afternoon is at leisure.
Day 4: island tour
A full-day tour of the island,visiting Pico da Torre for views over Camara de Lobos’ bay; Cabo Girao, the world’s second highest cliff; and through the mountains to Encumeada. Lunch is in Sao Vicente, and the final stop is the Pousada dos Vinhaticos.
Day 5: Eira do Serrado - Monte
Visit Eira do Serrado, surrounded by steep volcanic mountains. Travel on to Monte to visit Our Lady of Monte Church, the most important pilgrimage site in Madeira.
Day 6-7: Funchal
Enjoy two days at leisure. Perhaps explore the five Levadas in Funchal, part of an open canal irrigation system started in the 16th century. The paths vary in difficulty, crossing dramatic landscapes and meandering through lush vegetation.
Day 8: Funchal - UK
Transfer to the airport for your return flight to the UK. Upon arrival, your Titan vehicle will be waiting for the journey home.
Holiday features include:
- 7 nights in hotel (accommodation as specified or similar)
- 8 meals: 7 breakfasts (days 2-8), 1 lunch (day 4), the VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira also includes dinner on days 1-7
- 6 excursions and visits: tour of Funchal by a local guide, entry to an embroidery factory, and the Botanical Gardens, wine tasting at the Madeira Wine Company; full-day island tour including lunch, and excursion to Eira Do Serrado and Monte
- VOX portable audio headset system on excursions
- Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service
- Services of a Titan local representative
- International flights (prices are based on return flights with British Airways from London Gatwick. Supplements may apply from other airports)
- Best available coaches with experienced drivers
- All airport taxes and duties.
Please note: The order of the included excursions may differ from that shown above depending on your departure date.