Our answers to your questions

Need help? If you have a question about Saga Home Emergency, you may find the answer in the 'Our answers to your questions' section. We've made a list of all the questions that we are asked most often, and provided helpful answers as follows:
Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year on 0800 027 1342.
For Home Emergency, Home and Heating Emergency and Complete Home and Heating Care you can make unlimited claims per policy year, up to a maximum value of £2,000 per claim for labour, parts, materials and VAT.

A Home Emergency is an event that happens suddenly and needs immediate action to prevent further damage to your home, and if required make your home safe and secure.

This action may involve a temporary repair and as such, you may need to pay for a full repair yourself or, if covered, claim on your home insurance.

Complete failure refers to a total, sudden and unexpected failure to function of an appliance, where as partial failure is the incomplete failure of an appliance such as one light or plug socket not working.
Like all insurance policies, you’re not covered for problems that you knew about before you bought this policy. Nor can we cover anything that happens before the 15th day from your policy start date.
If your boiler heats a tank of water, you have a conventional or condensing boiler. Condensing boilers can be more energy efficient as they extract additional heat from the flue gases. If you do not have a hot water tank, you have a combination boiler, which produces hot water on demand from the mains supply.

Call us on 0800 904 7509 or 0208 282 2901 to make any changes to your policy.

Lines are open:

8.30am - 8.00pm Monday to Friday

8.30am - 5.00pm Saturday

9.00am - 5.00pm Sunday

Yes, if you not do not have cover already, you are able to add Home Emergency or Home and Heating Emergency to your policy when you renew or part way through your policy year. 

Call 0800 056 9051 to add Saga Home Emergency or Home and Heating Emergency to your Saga Home Insurance policy.

The latest version of the Policy Booklet is available online. If you need an older version of the Policy Booklet call us on 0800 904 7509 or 0208 282 2901 and we will send you one in the post. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 8pm, Saturday 8:30am to 5pm or Sunday 9am - 5pm.
You're not covered for the areas of flats or maisonettes with shared facilities, so the following types of claims are not included:

  • Plumbing claims relating to sections of shared pipe
  • Drainage claims where a shared pipe is blocked
  • Claims for keys, locks and glazing in shared communal areas
  • Roofing and water supply pipes are not covered in flats or maisonettes.
When you take out or renew your policy and pay by credit card, you will have the option to opt in or out of payments by continuous authority. If you choose to opt in we will hold your details securely on file and automatically renew your policy. You will receive your acceptance details before the renewal date, but we will take the payment on the renewal date.

For most claims there is no excess to pay. There may be circumstances, depending on the age and type of your boiler, where an excess is payable if a claim is made under the main heating system and boiler repair or replacement section.  Any excess payable will be shown under the endorsements section of your documents.

You can transfer your cover to your new home as long as the property is eligible. Call us on 0800 904 7509  if you are unsure, but please note that we may have to charge you an administration fee to amend your policy.