Delayed Flight Assistance
Delayed Flight Assistance is an exclusive benefit that’s included as standard for Saga Travel Insurance policyholders. It gives you access to an airport lounge if your flight is delayed by over an hour, so you can relax in peace while you wait for your flight to board.
Who can use this service?
You and up to four additional passengers on the same journey can use the service.
Most lounges provide benefits such as:
- Complimentary snacks and refreshments
- Free newspapers and magazines
- Free Wi-Fi and device charging stations
- Conference and business facilities
How it works
- If you have a Saga Travel Insurance policy, you can take advantage of this service by registering your flight here.
- Flight registration must take place no later than 6 hours prior to a flight’s scheduled departure. You will need to register any additional or return flights separately. A flight is defined as a single scheduled airline flight under a single flight number. You will receive a confirmation email to acknowledge your registration.
- You can cancel registrations up until 2 hours before flight departure.
- In the event of a flight delay announcement of an hour or more, we’ll immediately send you an email with your complimentary airport lounge access vouchers. Service restrictions apply, please check ’Frequently asked questions’.
This benefit is not available in the case of rolling delays that eventually add up to an hour or more. To be eligible for lounge access, your flight must be reported to have a single, continuous delay of an hour or more. The delay must be officially announced by the airline and reported to our flight status data service provider.