Delayed Flight Assistance
Delayed Flight Assistance is an exclusive benefit, included as standard, for all Saga Travel Insurance customers if your flight has been delayed by two hours or more.
Who can use this service?
We have made this benefit available to you and up to four additional passengers on the same journey, so your family or friends can join you in the lounge whilst you wait for your flight to become available for boarding.
Most lounges provide benefits such as:
- Complimentary snacks and refreshments
- Free newspapers and magazines
- Free Wi-Fi and device charging stations
- Conference and business facilities
How it works
- Flight registration must take place no later than 24 hours prior to a flight's scheduled departure. You will need to register any additional or return flights separately. A flight is defined as a single scheduled airline flight under a single flight number. You will receive a confirmation email to acknowledge your registration.
- You can cancel registrations up until 24 hours from flight departure.
- In the event of a flight delay announcement of 2 hours or more, we'll immediately send you an email with your complimentary airport lounge access vouchers. Service restrictions apply, please check 'Frequently asked questions'.
This benefit is not available in the case of rolling delays, eventually adding up to two hours or more. The delay has to be reported as a single 2-hour delay to be eligible for lounge access. Delay must be officially announced by the airline as outlined and reported to our flight tracking data service provider.