1. Start by making the tart pastry. Cream butter and sugar together, then slowly add the salt and egg yolks. Add the water and mix well, then add the flour, folding together until it forms a dough. Wrap the dough in cling film and rest for 1 hour in the fridge before use.
2. Roll out the dough onto a flat work surface to a thickness of 3mm. Line the dough carefully in a greased tart pan (with a removable base).
3. Cut a sheet of parchment paper into a circle about 7cm larger than the tart pan. Cover the dough with the paper and fill with baking beads.
4. Blind bake the tart base at 150°C/gas mark 2 for 15 minutes. Remove the baking beads and bake for a further 15 minutes. After the pastry has cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool while you make the tart filling.
5. In a mixing bowl, whisk the sugar with eggs until pale. Whisk in the cream, lemon juice and zest.
6. Fill the tart with the lemon filling, making sure the filling reaches the top of the tart edge. Bake at 100°C/gas mark ¼ for 45 minutes, or until set. Allow to cool before slicing and serving.
Recipe courtesy of Great British Chefs.