Save £750 on The Mighty Danube river cruise
Exclusive Possibilities member's price from:
From £1,699 per person for 12 nights (
Possibilities members save £750 per person
Departs: 11 October 2019
Fares are per person and are based on two people sharing.
Note: To book please call Saga Holidays on 0800 302 9753
The Mighty Danube
Delight in the scenic splendour and magical cities of the Danube on this comprehensive river cruise.
Highlights of the holiday include:
- exploring the delights of Budapest
- admiring the Esztergom Basilica
- cruising past the terraced vineyards of the Wachau Valley
- discovering Vienna, Austria’s captivating capital.
Day 1: UK to Budapest to Visegrad.
Day 2: Visegrád to Esztergom. Spend the morning in Visegrád on the Danube Bend. Depart for Esztergom, arriving with time to explore independently.
Day 3: Bratislava. Enjoy an included tourist 'road train' tour of the capital's historical Old Town and Bratislava Castle.
Day 4: Vienna. This morning, enjoy an included half-day tour of this city steeped in imperial history and contemporary attractions.
Day 5: Vienna to Krems to Weissenkirchen. Arrive in Krems, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with quaint narrow streets and 16th-century houses. Depart later, arriving at the wine town of Weissenkirchen in the Wachau Valley mid-afternoon.
Day 6: Linz. Amadeus Classic arrives in Linz at lunchtime.
Day 7: Linz. Enjoy another day to soak up the vibrant atmosphere of this former European Capital of Culture. Set sail late tonight.
Day 8: Passau. Arrive in Passau, the 'Venice of Bavaria', this morning. Set sail before dinner and sail overnight towards Melk.
Day 9: Melk to Durnstein. This morning, explore the historic town of Melk. Later, to Durnstein, where you can explore independently. Set sail early evening for Vienna.
Day 10: Vienna. Arrive in the early hours and have the whole day at leisure.
Day 11: Budapest. Three cities became one when Buda, Pest and Óbuda merged in 1873 and are still very different in character. Arrive mid-afternoon for time at leisure. Moor here for the next two nights.
Day 12: Budapest. There are magnificent sights o discover on your included half-day sightseeing tour, including UNESCO-listed Buda Castle.
Day 13: Budapest to UK.
Holiday features include:
- VIP door-to-door travel service
- 35 meals: 12 breakfasts, 11 lunches and 12 dinners
- wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner on the ship
- three excursions including tours of Bratislava, Vienna and Budapest
- return flights and transfers
- optional travel insurance underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch and additional cancellation rights on overseas holidays for over 50s, or a price reduction if not required (cover is subject to medical questions)
- entertainment and activities on the ship
- Captain’s dinner and drinks reception
- complimentary Wi-Fi on board
- Saga Cruise Host
- Saga Cruise Assistant on board.
To book call Saga on 0800 302 9753.