Annual boiler service
An annual boiler service is available as an additional cover option if you select Home Emergency or Home and Heating Emergency, and is included with our Complete Home and Heating Care cover level.
Keeping your boiler in good working order could help reduce the likelihood of a boiler breakdown and may even reduce your energy bills. With this cover, a Gas Safe registered engineer will service your gas boiler so you can be sure that it works safely and efficiently. A comprehensive series of servicing and safety checks encompasses:
- All boiler controls and components
- Pipework and ventilation
- Heating input.
In addition, the engineer will undertake a series of tests involving:
- Boiler performance
- Boiler ignition and gas pressure
- All components and seals
- Flues to confirm that emissions are safe.
What isn’t covered?
- Boiler breakdown and repairs
- Boilers with over 70kw power output
- Removing sludge or scale from the boiler or heating system.
If your boiler passes the safety check, the engineer will give you a dated certificate.