Annual travel insurance
Ideal for avid holidaymakers, if you own a property abroad, or have friends and family abroad who you regularly visit, a multi-trip insurance option gives you cover for multiple trips, without the hassle of searching for cover each time you travel.
Destinations and trip length
With an annual travel insurance policy you’re covered to travel:
- Up to a maximum of 120 days per year in your chosen region
- Up to 45 days per trip with the option to extend to 60 or 90 days (extensions exclude USA, Canada and the Caribbean Islands policies).
|Annual multi-trip policies|
|Annual multi-trip policy||Europe||45 days’ cover per trip as standard, but with option to extend to 60 or 90 days||Up to 120 days' total cover per policy year|
|Worldwide excluding U.S.A., Canada and all Caribbean Islands||45 days’ cover per trip as standard, but with option to extend to 60 or 90 days|
|Worldwide||45 days’ cover per trip|
|This region includes the countries that are listed below||Aland Islands||Gibraltar||Netherlands|
|Albania||Grand Canaria||Northern Ireland|
|Azores||Holland||Republic Of Ireland|
|Belguim||Iceland||Russia (West of the Urals)|
|Bosnia-Herzegovinia||Ireland (Northern)||San Marino|
|Bulgaria||Isle Of Man||Sardinia|
|Canary Islands||Italy||Scilly Isles|
|Faroe Islands||Menorca||Vatican City|
|Worldwide excluding U.S.A., Canada and all Caribbean islands|
|This region includes all countries except those listed below|
|Anguilla||Dominican Republic||Saint Barthelemy|
|Antigua and Barbuda||Grenada||St Kittis and Nevis|
|Barbados||Hawaii||St Pierre and Miquelon|
|Bermuda||Jamaica||St Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Bonaire (Antilles)||Leeward Islands||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Canada||Martinique||Turks and Caicos Islands|
|Caribbean||Midway Island||United States Minor Outlying Islands|
|Cuba||Netherlands Antilles||Virgin Islands|
|This region includes all countries|
Benefits of Saga Travel Insurance:
- Tailored for the over-50s with no upper age limit
- Cover for many pre-existing medical conditions
- Up to £10,000 cancellation cover
- Up to £10 million emergency medical cover
- Up to £5,000 baggage cover.
Extra benefits included at no extra cost:
As well as covering the expected, we go further to cover aspects that you may not expect to be included as standard, such as:
- Up to £1,500 for a replacement flight
- Up to £1,500 enforced stay cover
- Up to £5,000 substitute accommodation cover
- Up to £10,000 abandonment cover.
Find out more about our annual trip cover levels.
To learn more about how we go above and beyond for our customers, take a look at why choose Saga Travel Insurance.
Travel helpline - We’re there for you 24/7
- English speaking travel assistance helpline – our friendly team will be there for you 24 hours a day for advice before and during your trip
- They will help you trace lost luggage, replace lost or stolen passports and can help you with translation and interpretation
- Before you go, they will even give you advice on vaccinations and local information.
Medical assistance when you’re away
With an annual multi-trip travel insurance policy, you are protected in case of illness or injury suffered on your holiday. You’ll also benefit from up to £10 million emergency medical cover, up to £1,000 (£25 per day) for associated expenses during your stay in hospital and we can cover the cost of getting you home if medically necessary.
Cover for your friends and family
Our annual travel insurance is tailored for the over 50s but you can also add your family and friends who are under 50 to your policy, too. Friends and family can also be protected, even if they are travelling without you; a unique feature to the annual multi-trip policy.
How does it compare to single trip travel insurance?
Saga’s single trip travel insurance could be ideal for those one-off trips all over the world. Our comprehensive policy will cover you for up to 120 days per trip.
Saga’s range of insurance products is designed specifically for our customers and is unique to us. Saga Travel Insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, which meets our high standards of quality and service.
*60% of customers who purchased a Saga Travel Insurance policy online between August and October 2019, received a discount of 20% or more.