Ski Travel Insurance
Winter sports coverChalet booked, ski hire booked, lift passes sorted… One of the ski holiday essentials it’s important not to forget is your insurance.
Whether you’re a master of the black run or more acquainted with après-ski, you’ll enjoy the view from the top all the more when you’ve got the right travel insurance in place.
If you’re looking for ski insurance you can choose Saga Travel Insurance and select the Winter Sports add-on when you get a quote. This way you’ll have all the great benefits of our travel insurance, including up to £10 million emergency medical treatment, plus the additional cover specific to a winter holiday.
What does our Winter Sports add-on include?
- Up to £750 if your winter sports equipment (such as skis and boots) is lost or stolen, or up to £550 for hired equipment
- Up to £300 for the cost of extra travel and accommodation if your arrival or departure from resort is delayed due to an avalanche
- Up to £400 for transport to another resort if the piste is closed due to lack of snow, excessive snow or high winds
- Up to £350 to cover your non-refundable, pre-booked ski pack should you be medically certified as unable to ski
- £20 per day (up to £200) in case you can’t take part in any winter sports due to illness or injury.
Winter sports activities covered with the Winter Sports add-on
- Cross-country skiing (on recognised paths and with a guide)
- Dry slope skiing
- Off-piste skiing or snowboarding where accompanied by a qualified guide or instructor
- On-piste skiing or snowboarding
- Ski racing arranged by ski schools for their pupils
- Snow shoeing
- Snowmobiling as a passenger only.
Single trip insurance with Winter Sports add-onSingle trip insurance is available with no upper age limit for holidays up to 120 days long. The policyholder must be over 50 but you can add friends and family of any age to the same policy. To ensure you have cover for your ski trip, you need to select the Winter Sports add-on when you take out your policy. You’ll have the winter sports cover for the whole duration of your policy.
Annual multi-trip insurance with Winter Sports add-onIf you take multiple holidays each year, you may want to consider an annual multi-trip policy. When you choose the Winter Sports add-on for an annual policy, you’ll have winter sports cover in place for a maximum of 21 days in each policy year. Our annual multi-trip policies also do not have an upper age limit, although some medical conditions may mean an annual policy is not available.
Most pre-existing medical conditions coveredSaga Travel Insurance covers most pre-existing medical conditions. If you want to travel, we’ll try our best to provide the necessary insurance so you’re fully covered. Take a look at our pre-existing medical conditions page for more information.
What about my EHIC?Your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) entitles you to access state-provided healthcare in European countries at the same cost as local citizens. Although it will allow you to receive medical treatment, it should be seen as complimentary to your travel insurance and not an alternative. This is particularly important to note when on a winter holiday, as an EHIC card does not cover mountain rescue in ski resorts, damage to ski equipment, lost baggage, and so on.
If you need more information about Saga Travel Insurance, take a look at our FAQs.
*Customers who got a Saga Travel Insurance online quote and bought between 16 October 2017 to 31 December 2017, would save an average of 25% off their premium. Discount may be withdrawn at any time and applies to the first year only.