The new Saga Travel Insurance GP Service app
Saga's annual travel insurance provides unlimited access to telephone GP appointments via the Saga GP Service app.
This means that if you or anyone named on your policy start to feel unwell on holiday, you can speak with a UK-based GP. This service is available 24 hours a day, wherever you are in the world, using your smartphone, tablet or computer.
(Follow the on-screen instructions via the link above to save this app to your desktop or homescreen)
- Get unlimited over the phone GP appointments 24/7, 365 days a year, anywhere in the world - talk to a UK-based GP in complete privacy and confidence from the comfort of your hotel room or wherever you are in the world
- Find local health services worldwide - you can use the app to locate hospitals, clinics, pharmacies etc local to wherever you may be worldwide
- Quality guaranteed – all the doctors you'll speak to are experienced UK-based GPs who are GMC registered, licensed, on the NHS Performers List and GP Register
- Message a Dr. - if you have a general health query you can use the app to message a doctor, and even send an image if you like. The doctor will respond to your email address within 24 hours
- Book video consultations with an experienced doctor - speak face-to-face with a GP via your webcam or smartphone. Appointments are available to book 8am-10pm, 7 days a week (UK time)
- We can guarantee you’ll get a doctor's appointment at a convenient time – fast access to a GP can bring additional peace of mind and unlike appointments at many surgeries, you’re not limited to a 10-minute time slot and can call the Saga GP Service as many times as you like
- Request an appointment - use the app to request your appointment and we will send you an email with the next available appointment within 4 hours, usually much sooner, during the opening times of 8am-10pm, 7 days a week (UK time)
- Access trusted health information - over 1,100 topics from a comprehensive medically validated UK database
- Get an open referral to a specialist – if the GP thinks you need further investigation via a specialist, they can issue an open referral letter.
Saga GP Service is provided by Medical Solutions UK Ltd, specialists in 24/7 Private GP services