Annual travel insurance
Up to 30% online discount*Get a quote Retrieve a quote Contact us
*69% of customers who purchased a new Saga Travel Insurance policy online between 1 November 2020 and 30 April 2021 received a discount between 15% - 30%.
Annual travel insurance
Ideal for avid holidaymakers, if you own a property abroad, or have friends and family abroad who you regularly visit, a multi-trip insurance option gives you cover for multiple trips, without the hassle of searching for cover each time you travel.
Cover for COVID-19 with Saga Travel Insurance
- Cancellation - If you, a close relative or anyone you are planning to travel with or stay with, receives, in writing, a positive test result for coronavirus within 14 days of your trip commencing, we will pay you up to the amount shown in your policy Schedule for your share of any irrecoverable unused travel and accommodation (including excursions), and other pre-paid charges you have paid or are contracted to pay.
- Abandonment - If you, a close relative or anyone you are travelling with or staying with receives in writing, a positive test result for coronavirus during your trip we will pay for unused travel and accommodation (including excursions), and other pre-paid charges which you have paid or are contracted to pay provided you are forced to cut your trip short.
- Emergency medical expenses and repatriation - up to £10,000,000 (up to £2,000,000* for trips within the UK) – this means associated emergency medical expenses and costs to return you back home following falling ill with COVID-19 on your trip.
*Cover under the medical expenses benefit has been extended to £2,000,000 for trips that take place within the UK. This replaces the £5,000 limit shown in the Policy Book.
If you travel to a country where the FCDO has advised against all but essential travel, for a non-essential reason, you'll have no cover in place for any policy section if the reason for your claim is related to why the FCDO advice is in place. If you travel for essential reasons, see our list of what is deemed essential, then you will have full policy coverage in place.
To find out more about what we cover for COVID-19, please visit our Travel insurance and coronavirus page.
Benefits of Saga Travel Insurance:
- Tailored for the over-50s with no upper age limit
- Cover for many pre-existing medical conditions
- Up to £10,000 cancellation cover
- Up to £10 million emergency medical cover
- Up to £5,000 baggage cover.
Extra benefits included at no extra cost:
As well as covering the expected, we go further to cover aspects that you may not expect to be included as standard, such as:
- Up to £1,500 for a replacement flight
- Up to £1,500 enforced stay cover
- Up to £5,000 substitute accommodation cover
- Up to £10,000 abandonment cover.
Saga’s range of insurance products is designed specifically for our customers and is unique to us. Saga Travel Insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, which meets our high standards of quality and service.
Travel helpline - We’re there for you 24/7
- English-speaking travel assistance helpline – our friendly team will be there for you 24 hours a day for advice before and during your trip
- They will help you trace lost luggage, replace lost or stolen passports and can help you with translation and interpretation
- Before you go, they will even give you advice on vaccinations and local information.
Medical assistance when you’re away
With an annual multi-trip travel insurance policy, you are protected in case of illness or injury suffered on your holiday. You’ll also benefit from up to £10 million emergency medical cover, up to £1,000 (£25 per day) for associated expenses during your stay in hospital and we can cover the cost of getting you home if medically necessary.
Cover for your friends and family
Our annual travel insurance is tailored for the over 50s but you can also add your family and friends who are under 50 to your policy, too. Friends and family can also be protected, even if they are travelling without you; a unique feature to the annual multi-trip policy.
Destinations and trip length
With an annual travel insurance policy you’re covered to travel:
- Up to a maximum of 120 days per year in your chosen region
- Up to 45 days per trip with the option to extend to 60 or 90 days (extensions exclude USA, Canada and the Caribbean Islands policies).
|Annual multi-trip policies|
|Annual multi-trip policy||Europe||45 days’ cover per trip as standard, but with option to extend to 60 or 90 days||Up to 120 days' total cover per policy year|
|Worldwide excluding U.S.A., Canada and all Caribbean Islands||45 days’ cover per trip as standard, but with option to extend to 60 or 90 days|
|Worldwide||45 days’ cover per trip|
|This region includes the countries that are listed below|
|Albania||Grand Canaria||Northern Ireland|
|Azores||Holland||Republic Of Ireland|
|Belguim||Iceland||Russia (West of the Urals)|
|Bosnia-Herzegovinia||Ireland (Northern)||San Marino|
|Bulgaria||Isle Of Man||Sardinia|
|Canary Islands||Italy||Scilly Isles|
|Faroe Islands||Menorca||Vatican City|
|Worldwide excluding U.S.A., Canada and all Caribbean islands|
|This region includes all countries except those listed below|
|Anguilla||Dominican Republic||Saint Barthelemy|
|Antigua and Barbuda||Grenada||St Kittis and Nevis|
|Barbados||Hawaii||St Pierre and Miquelon|
|Bermuda||Jamaica||St Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Bonaire (Antilles)||Leeward Islands||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Canada||Martinique||Turks and Caicos Islands|
|Caribbean||Midway Island||United States Minor Outlying Islands|
|Cuba||Netherlands Antilles||Virgin Islands|
|This region includes all countries|
Annual travel insurance cover limits
|Policy limits for each insured person per trip||Excess applicable per claim|
|Cancellation||Up to £10,000*||Yes|
|Missed departure||Up to £1,000||No|
|Delayed departure||Up to £35 for the first 12 hour period, £15 for each 12 hour period after that||No|
|Abandonment||Up to £10,000||Yes|
|Delayed baggage||Up to £250||No|
|Lost, stolen or damaged baggage||Up to £5,000 (£600 single article limit and £1,000 total valuables limit)||Yes|
|Emergency medical and associated expenses||Up to £10,000,000||Yes|
|Hospital benefit||Up to £25 for each 24 hour period (£1,000 maximum)||No|
|Personal accident||Up to £30,000 (£1,000 if aged under 16, £15,000 if over 70)||No|
|Criminal injury benefit||Up to £30,000||No|
|Substitute accommodation||Up to £5,000||Yes|
|Enforced stay||Up to £1,500||Yes|
|Loss of passport||Up to £350||No|
|Personal money||Up to £500 (£300 limit for cash) (£100 limit for cash if aged under 16)||Yes|
|End supplier failure||Up to £1,500||No|
|Pet care||Up to £25 for each 24 hour period (£300 maximum)||No|
|Hijack and mugging||Up to £50 for each 24 hour period (£1,000 maximum)||No|
|Air rage||Up to £1,000||No|
|Personal liability||Up to £2,000,000||Yes|
|Legal expenses and advice||Up to £50,000||No|
How does it compare to single trip travel insurance?
Saga’s single trip travel insurance could be ideal for those one-off trips all over the world. Our comprehensive policy will cover you for up to 120 days per trip. However, we are unable to provide cover if you travel to an area that the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office has advised against travelling to.