Florals pop up every spring across both gardens and wardrobes, and once summer is in full swing, blooming lovely flower-printed garb could be a go-to staple in your wardrobe.
Most likely you will have at least one floral print garment already but take a look at this season's floral fashions – there are bold bouquets in bright colours and subtler watercolour pastels. There's something for everyone, in other words.
Find out how Mary Berry has made floral jackets part of her signature style
Our top tips for getting floral fashion right
• Pair teeny floral-prints with stripes from the same colour family for a fun look
• An all over floral-print shift dress is flattering for most shapes
• Wear a floral-print maxi dress with delicate jewellery for balance
• Try floral jeans, for the transition from winter to spring
• Floral print accessories such as scarves and shoes will brighten a look without going for head-to-toe blooms
• For an edgier floral look wear a darker leather jacket or gilet over floral dresses and tops
• If a wedding guest, opt for matching floral print handbag and shoes to add brightness to a one-colour dress
• Wear a bold floral choker necklace over a simple white t-shirt
• A floral-print cardigan is a wardrobe must-have as it will go with most outfits and will always look fresh
• Add a brown leather waist belt to a floral dress for a more structured and flattering daytime spring look
• Smaller floral prints look good for day and bolder, larger ones for evening
• Mix floral tops with a plain skirt and vice versa. Coco Chanel once said: “Simplicity is the keynote of all elegance
• A rosy coloured scarf worn near the face will help give skin a glow.
Subscribe today for just £3 for 3 issues...