What We Offer
Thinking about joining the Saga team? Discover the perks of working with us.
Rewards and Benefits
At Saga we strive to create a diverse and inclusive culture where our colleagues can bring their true authentic selves to work. We understand that everyone is different and that’s why we have created a diverse benefit offering so you can have a benefits package that’s as unique as you are.
Our benefits offering has been designed to support our colleagues with their differing needs and lifestyles:
- Health and wellbeing – employee assistance programme, mental health support programme, eye care, and a health cash plan
- Financial wellbeing – pension scheme (contributions matched to 10%), income protection, hardship fund, support from Salary Finance, participation in annual bonus scheme or monthly commission scheme, annual pay benchmarking and review, and retail discounts via our Smart Spending app
- Family support – enhanced welcoming a child policies including enhanced parental leave, grandparents leave, life assurance, and honeymoon benefit
- Flexibility and time off – 25 days annual leave, inclusive bank holidays, remote/hybrid working, 30 day work from anywhere policy, additional annual leave purchase scheme
- Community and giving back – volunteer days, give as you earn scheme, workplace lottery, and matched fundraising
- Personal development and recognition – Saga Academy, recognition schemes, and long service awards
- Saga extras – Saga product discounts, access to Saga Spaces, free shares, and access to Saga Magazine
We aim to create exceptional experiences every day for our customers. To do this, we need exceptional colleagues. Join us and we’ll help you develop all the technical skills and knowledge you need to succeed at Saga. And because we know everyone learns differently, we continue to introduce new, on demand, and flexible ways for colleagues to learn and grow.
We encourage colleagues to develop their skills and capabilities using a range of learning activities, from technical training, apprenticeships and formal qualifications, to inspiring speaker events and digital learning experiences.
We work with organisations and individuals who can show us new and interesting ways of seeing the world, and we build the skills and capabilities to provide exceptional experiences everyday for our customers and colleagues.
Ben Day - Data & Analytics Director
“I started twenty seven years ago as a Customer Service agent in our call centre, and have moved roles every two or three years, from Finance, to Marketing, as well as Digital and Data. Over the years, I’ve learned to write code, how to use data to drive performance, as well as how to manage teams, projects and large budgets. I’ve even travelled to China, South Africa, Europe and the USA for work. I’m fortunate to have picked up experience in Insurance, Travel, Personal Finance and Publishing, and now use the knowledge I’ve gained to work across all our companies. If you’re open minded and keen to learn, there are always opportunities to learn new skills and gain new experience at Saga. Right now, I’m helping migrate all data and analytics to the cloud, so that all parts of Saga have access to all our data in a much faster platform, which will help drive better performance and customer experience.”
Supporting our communities
Saga exists to deliver exceptional experiences every day while being a driver of positive change in our markets and communities. Our colleagues live and work throughout the UK, and we operate colleague hubs in London and Kent. We are proud to support our communities through our colleague volunteer days and charitable giving and we encourage our colleagues to participate in events that not only support charities, but also help to bring us together as one team:
- We offer every colleague paid volunteering days each year, including up to 12 days for uniformed volunteers.
- The Saga workplace lottery distributes money to charities and good causes.
- We support colleagues who are fundraising for charities of their choice through our matched funding scheme.
- As part of our payroll giving scheme, colleagues can donate to charity directly from their salary.
- Saga is proud to be a signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant, a recognition scheme that rewards the efforts of organisations which provide support to this community.
- We offer work experience and careers talks in key sectors including finance.
- We provide educational bursaries for the children and siblings of our ship crew, with 443 children receiving an educational bursary during the 2022/23 academic year.