Switching health insurance provider
At Saga, we offer a comprehensive range of plans for the over 50s. If you're switching from another private medical insurance provider, you may be able to benefit from a higher level of cover at a lower price when you start a new policy with us.
82% of 164 customers surveyed between June 2020 and June 2021 (including offer periods) who moved to Saga from another provider saved money.
Why should you switch to Saga?
- *Get your first 2 months of cover free! - When you start your policy on or before the 15 November 2021, pay by monthly Direct Debit and hold your policy for a year
- You could save money on your current policy
- Saga GP Service - 24/7 access, 365 days a year, from anywhere in the world to a practicing GP who can discuss any health concerns, as well as arranging private prescriptions and providing open referrals to a specialist if appropriate
- Our unique 4-week wait option - if the NHS waiting time for your treatment is over 4 weeks we'll arrange for you to be seen immediately in a private hospital - unlike the six weeks offered by many other providers. However, if the NHS can provide the treatment you need locally within 4 weeks, you'll be treated by the NHS. This option is also one of the ways in which you can reduce your price
- You could earn up to 60% No Claim Discount
- New customers rated our customer service 9.1 out of 10 on average (based on 263 new customers surveyed between June 2020 and June 2021)
- We have over 30 years of experience providing health insurance cover.
Existing medical conditions?
It may be possible to keep cover for your pre-existing medical conditions when you switch to Saga Health Insurance, even if you’ve claimed under your existing policy.
This is subject to your medical history and the terms of the new policy.
Call our helpful UK-based health insurance team on 0800 015 0226 to find out more.
Company health insurance
Many people want to keep the security of private medical insurance (previously provided by employers) when they change jobs, retire or set up their own business. We have a range of options to suit you and your budget and what’s more, you can personalise your plan to keep the price down or improve your cover.
Call us on 0800 015 0226 to find out more about moving your company health insurance to a personal health plan.
Medical insurance for the self-employed
Taking time off work because of ill health can be costly as well as inconvenient if you're self-employed or work as a freelancer. That's when having one of Saga's range of health plans really pays, providing you with fast access to medical investigations and treatment plus a number of money-saving options.
If you're over 50, call our knowledgeable team to find out more on 0800 015 0226