Putting you at the heart of our service
- Post-operative, convalescence or respite needs
- Special communication needs or sensory loss
- Neurological conditions
- Progressive conditions, e.g. motor neuron disease, multiple sclerosis, Huntington’s or muscular dystrophy
- Cardiac conditions
- Respiratory conditions
- Sudden onset conditions, e.g. brain injury or stroke
- Intermittent or unpredictable conditions, e.g. epilepsy
- Stable neurological conditions, e.g. cerebral palsy
What are the available options?
As with all Saga Carers, we want to provide you with the best possible care and – because everyone is different – we would discuss with you exactly what kind of help you need.
You can choose from:
- Live-in care
- Visiting care
- Travelling care
Live-in careThis is when the Carer lives in the Client’s home to help throughout the day and night, as necessary.
They may need help with specific tasks around the home, which can involve any combination of support:
- Reminding, assisting with and administering medications
- Assistance with using the toilet, commode or toilet aids
- Washing up and other general housework tasks, such as cleaning and ironing
- Sorting, washing and drying of the Client’s clothing, bedding, towels and other domestic washing
- Collection of prescriptions
- Purchase of items on a shopping list provided by the Client
- Collection and delivery of allowances and pension benefits
- Accompanying the Client to a required appointment, in the Carer’s transportation or private hire vehicle
- Preparation of nutritious homemade meals
- Assisting with feeding
- Assisting to wash, help with oral hygiene and shaving
- Assisting with dressing/undressing
- Moving/transferring Clients in or/and out of bed
Live-in care for disabled adults is available through our businesses Saga at Home, Patricia White’s and Country Cousins.
Some disabled adults can maintain their independence and continue to live at home with a little extra support from a Carer who visits once, twice or three times a day.Their requirements will be different from those looking for live-in care, but may come from any of the categories listed above, from help with cooking or light housework to companionship, help with personal hygiene, or visiting the shops.
Visiting care for disabled adults is available through our businesses Saga at Home and Patricia White’s.
With a little extra planning and the right support, there is no reason why adults with a disability should not be able to indulge their spirit of adventure and travel for interest or perhaps to attend an event or family gathering.
Our Carers come from all over the world and make the perfect travelling companions to open the door to a broader world for those less able to make the trips on their own.
Travelling care for disabled adults is available through Patricia White’s.
Care is complex, so call to chat to one of our friendly advisers to discuss the options available to you.
A unique, private, hourly-care and live-in care service, provided by Saga professional Carers, offering continuity of care and a bespoke service tailored to your needs.
With nearly 60 years of experience in selecting and training the best self-employed carers, Country Cousins offers live-in care across the whole of the UK.