Skip to main content
Skip to content
Back Back to Insurance menu Go to Insurance
Back Back to Saga Money Go to Saga Money
Back Back to Saga Magazine menu Go to Magazine
Back Back to benefits Go to benefits

Car Insurance Coronavirus Update

Coronavirus and your Saga Car Insurance policy

Since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, we’ve consistently gone the extra mile to provide customers with the additional cover, often at no additional cost, to deliver exceptional experiences during what has been an incredibly difficult time. As the effects of the pandemic and lockdown have now started to lift across the UK, since May, we have seen other insurers reversing any relaxations to cover they may have made and returning their rules back to business as usual. Although many of you have started to see life returning to normal as the vaccination programme progressed, we felt it might take a little longer for some of you to do so, so we’ve been happy to maintain our relaxed rules for longer than many of our competitors have chosen to. As things return to the new normal, we now feel it’s the right time to return our rules back to normal too, so we ask that you let us know about any permanent changes to your circumstances so we can make sure everything is recorded correctly on your policy. For example, the way you're using your car may have changed - maybe you’re driving fewer miles, or no longer need cover for commuting or business use, and you can make these changes to your policy cover on MySaga. Changes like these could reduce your premium, and making sure your details are up to date has the added benefit of enabling us to give you an accurate price at renewal. If you’re furloughed, there’s no need to tell us, and if you’ve become permanently unemployed due to Covid, you don’t need to let us know until your next renewal.

Things you can do online

You may be able to do things and get the answers you need quickly and easily online.
  • View your documents – With an online MySaga account , you can look at your renewal notifications, past quotes, current policy documents and more.
  • Update your car insurance – You can now make some amendments to your policy at MySaga, such as increasing or reducing mileage and informing us of a change of use.
  • Chat online – Click on the web-chat icon on this page or on any page of our website to search for answers to your questions. Or send an instant message directly to one of our team and they'll get back to you. Chat with us now.
  • Renew online – You can renew a Saga car or home policy safely and securely at MySaga. However, if you need to change your details or get a different cover level, please contact us

Voluntary use

We’ve always provided cover for voluntary work as standard if you’re working unpaid for a UK-registered voluntary or charity organisation, so you don’t need to let us know about this.

Coronavirus (COVID-19): getting an MOT

For up to date information on MOTs and Covid, please visit

I'm worried about paying for my car insurance, what can I do?

If you're experiencing financial difficulty we have some options we can explore that may help you during this difficult time, such as:

  • Reassessing your risk profile which may result in a premium reduction
  • Reassessing your demands and needs to ensure your product is still suitable
  • Reviewing payment plans available
  • Payment deferrals.

If you do need support, please call us on 0800 302 9735 and we will help you find the best solution for you.