Additional cover options
In addition to the benefits which come as standard with a Saga Car Insurance policy, we also offer a range of additional cover options.
UK-wide breakdown service, available at a discounted price when added to a Saga Car Insurance policy.
To help keep you on the road, Saga Breakdown Assistance can be added to your policy at a discounted rate. It offers reliable breakdown cover 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and, with a range of cover levels, you can choose the cover that’s right for you:
- Essential – Roadside repair, or recovery to the nearest garage plus reimbursement of taxi costs to take you and your passengers up to 20 miles*
- Home Call – Repair at home or roadside, or recovery to the nearest garage plus reimbursement of taxi costs to take you and your passengers up to 20 miles
- National Recovery – Roadside repair, or recovery to your home or a garage anywhere in the UK*
- Comprehensive – Repair at home or roadside, or recovery of your car, you and your passengers to your home or a garage anywhere in the UK, hire car or overnight accommodation
- Premier – All the above, plus cover for roadside repair and recovery in 55 countries and territories in Europe, and transport to your holiday departure point if you break down en route and we are unable to fix your car. Plus, if your car breaks down within 24 hours of your planned departure date in the UK, we'll arrange a hire car for up to 14 days so you can proceed with your trip.
*When breakdown occurs at least 1/4 mile from home address.
If you are involved in an accident that's not your fault and was caused by a known insured third party, we will provide up to £100,000 towards costs for trained claims handlers to recover uninsured losses following an accident in the UK. We will cover claims as long as the legal team believe you can win your case.
Our trained claims handlers seek recovery for any uninsured losses from a third party such as:
- Travelling expenses
- Loss of earnings
- Compensation for personal injury
- Any excess you may be required to pay as part of a claim.
With Legal Protection you can also benefit from:
- Unlimited access to motoring legal advice for you and your family via our 24-hour confidential helpline
- Cover if you need to take legal action, or defend an appeal, against a motor trader in a dispute involving the purchase, servicing, or repair of your vehicle
- The option of a two-hour driver confidence course to help you get back in the driving seat if you have lost your confidence or if you have suffered an injury as a result of an accident in your car
- Up to £10,000 of Legal costs in respect of any legal claim to pursue the recovery of illegal clamping or towing fees relating to your vehicle.
Legal Protection comes as standard with our Saga Car cover level, but can also be added to a Saga Essential policy at any time, view more information on our car insurance cover levels.
Our Comprehensive policies include a replacement car as standard if an approved repairer is repairing your car following an accident in the UK.
We can also offer you a replacement car if yours is stolen or written off - keeping you mobile and giving you time to find and purchase a new vehicle.
Regardless of whose fault it is, if you or your names partner are seriously injured as a result of an accident involving your car, our Comprehensive policies include up to £5,000 compensation for selected serious injuries as standard.
Our Increased Personal Accident extends cover from £5,000 to £50,000, covers a wider range of injuries, and includes a benefit of £200 per night for hospitalisation (for up to 10 nights).