3-year fixed price cover
With our fixed price cover level, if nothing changes over the next three years, neither will the cost of your home insurance
How does Saga’s 3-year fixed price home insurance work?
Saga’s 3-year fixed price is a benefit of our Saga Home cover level. You’ll get a comprehensive policy that covers you for buildings, contents, or both with excellent features, such as accidental damage cover, included as standard — plus the additional benefit of knowing your price is fixed for three years!
We’ll fix the price of your policy and any additional cover options added at the start. The price will only change if one or more of the following happens:
Please see the bottom of the page for full 3-year fixed price T&Cs.Check your price.
Is Saga Home a three-year insurance policy?
No, your Saga Home insurance will run for 12 months at a time. Towards the end of the year, you’ll receive an invitation to renew. If you haven’t had a claim or made any changes, your price for this year will be the same as the last. If you’re happy with all the details, you’ll be able to easily renew your fixed price home insurance policy online or by telephone.Fixed price cover with no ties
You’re not tied into your Saga policy for the full three years. Whether you choose to stay with us when it’s time to renew is entirely up to you.
Is 3-year fixed price home insurance a good deal?
If you choose our Saga Home cover level, your price will be fixed for three years. This means that you can choose to stay with us for three years, if you wish, safe in the knowledge that your home is covered. You’ll be protected against price increases due to market changes and saved from any surprises when it’s time to renew. You are, of course, free to shop around each year at renewal – you’re not tied in.
When comparing home insurance policies, it’s important to look at the cover in detail not just the price. The cheapest option might not fit your needs and you won’t necessarily find out until you need to make a claim.
What is covered by the Saga Home policy?
Saga Home is our top cover level and includes all the bells and whistles that are usually optional extras on other policies, including accidental damage, cover for personal belongings outside the home (such as mobile phones), damage caused by pets, and matching set replacement (this includes important matching items such as your kitchen cupboards and bathroom suite).
What happens if I move house?
If you move house during the three years, you’ll need to let us know. The price of your home insurance will need to be recalculated and then this price will be fixed for the remaining time of your 3-year fixed price insurance.
With both our buildings and contents cover, your new home will be covered for the time between exchanging contracts (or concluding the missives in Scotland) until you move in, as long as it’s within eight weeks. Please contact us on 0800 056 9060 to arrange this cover prior to exchanging contracts on your new home.
What our customers think of our 3-year fixed price insurance
3-year fixed price terms and conditions
- The Saga Fixed Price Promise is offered to you for a 3-year period, where your total price (including the price of any additional cover options taken out at the start of your policy cover in the first year of the Fixed Price Promise period) will be the price at which your policy will be set at for the following two policy years, dependent on these Saga Fixed Price Promise terms and conditions.
- Your policy taken out in the first year of the Fixed Price Promise period must be renewed annually for the following two policy years. You may cancel your policy at any time, in accordance with the terms of your Policy Book.
- During the Fixed Price Promise period, if Saga are able to offer you a lower price than the price provided to you at the start of your policy cover in the first year of the Fixed Price Promise period, then the lower price would apply for the remaining renewal periods.
- The price of your insurance may change during the Fixed Price Promise period if:
- You make any changes to your policy at any time. If any change you make leads to a change in the price of your policy, this price change will take effect at the time that you make the change and will continue for the remaining renewal periods.
- You make a claim. If any claim you make leads to a change in the price of your policy, this price change will take effect at the next renewal after the claim and will continue for the remaining renewal periods.
- You take out any additional cover options not taken out at the start of your policy cover. The price of your policy will change from when you take out any additional cover and will continue for the remaining renewal periods.
- There is a change to Insurance Premium Tax (IPT). Any change in IPT will be included in the price of your insurance at your next insurance renewal and will continue for the remaining renewal periods.
- The Fixed Price Promise and your insurance cover will be provided subject to the terms of the Policy Book, the Schedule and Endorsements to the Policy Book. Saga or the Underwriters may change the policy wording at any time and any changes will be communicated to you in writing.
- Very significant changes to your policy or changes to the Underwriter’s risk criteria or unfavourable insurance market conditions which materially affects the risk of insuring you may mean that Saga cannot reasonably identify an insurer who will provide insurance to you. This may mean we will not be able to offer you cover.
- The Saga Fixed Price Promise is not available with Essential Home Insurance.
- The Saga Fixed Price Promise is provided by Saga Services Limited (Saga) a company registered in England with registered number 732602, whose registered office is at The Saga Building, Enbrook Park, Folkestone, Kent CT20 3SE. Saga is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. The Saga Fixed Price Promise is part of the service that Saga provides to you. The Saga Fixed Price Promise is not offered to you by the panel of insurers that underwrites your insurance policy.