Saga home insurance for tenants
Our 5-Star rated contents cover includes…
- Choice of £75,000 or £100,000 cover levels
- Optional Legal Expenses cover if you have a dispute with your landlord such as unlawful eviction
- Alternative accommodation up to £25,000 for you and your pets, plus temporary storage of your contents, if you have to move out of your home during a claim
- Cover for your liability as a tenant up to £15,000 with our Saga Plus cover and £5,000 with Saga Select.
- New for old replacement of items if repair is not feasible
- Cover for improvements you have made as a tenant such as fixed tiles and flooring.
Choose Saga Plus and your price will stay the same for three years
If you choose our Saga Plus contents cover level, as long as your policy details stay the same, your contents insurance price won't go up for three years, even after most claims*.
*Based on claims made in 2019 and 2020.
Another benefit of Saga Plus Home Insurance is that you're not tied in at all. If you choose to cancel your policy, we won't charge a cancellation fee.
If you're renting your property it's normally the responsibility of your landlord to purchase buildings insurance, which covers the structure of your home and outbuildings.
A choice of cover levels
|Cover and Benefits||Saga Select||Saga Plus|
|Contents cover up to £100,000||Yes||Yes|
|New for old replacement of items if they can't be repaired||Yes||Yes|
|Cover for your liability as a tenant||Up to £5,000||Up to £15,000|
|Replacement of matching pairs or sets if we can't repair or replace individual items to match||No||Yes|
|Damage to your contents by pets||No||Yes|
|Cover for food and drink kept in your fridge or freezer||£500||Up to sum insured|
|Personal belongings covered outside the home (Up to £2,500 per item)||Optional||£10,000|
|Legal cover if you have a dispute with your landlord, such as unlawful eviction||Optional||Optional|
|3-year fixed price - if your policy details stay the same you can expect to pay the same price for 3 years, even after most claims* (T&C apply)||No||Yes|