Saga Home Insurance - Renters and Tenants
Our 5 Star rated contents cover includes…
- Choice of £75,000 or £100,000 cover levels
- Optional Legal Expenses cover if you have a dispute with your landlord such as unlawful eviction
- Alternative accommodation up to £25,000 for you and your pets, plus temporary storage of your contents, if your home is uninhabitable following a claim
- £2,000,000 cover for liability as an occupier of your rented property
- New for old replacement of items if repair is not feasible
- Cover for improvements you have made as a tenant, such as fixed tiles and flooring.
3-year fixed price cover
Fix the price of your home insurance for 3 years. If nothing changes, neither should your price.
If you choose our Saga Home contents cover level, we’ll fix this year’s price for the next two renewals, so if you choose to stay next year and you haven’t made any changes, your price will be the same. See the terms and conditions and find out more about our 3-year fixed price cover.
If you are renting your property it is normally the responsibility of your landlord to purchase buildings insurance, which covers the structure of your home and outbuildings.
A choice of cover levels
|Cover and Benefits||Saga Essential||Saga Home|
|Contents cover up to £100,000||Yes||Yes|
|New for old replacement of items if repair is not feasible||Yes||Yes|
|Cover for liability as occupier of your rented property up to £2,000,000||Yes||Yes|
|Replacement of matching pairs or sets if we cannot repair or replace individual items to match||No||Yes|
|Damage to your contents by pets||No||Yes|
|Cover for food and drink kept in your fridge or freezer||£500||Up to sum insured|
|Personal belongings covered outside the home||Optional||£10,000|
|Legal cover if you have a dispute with your Landlord, such as unlawful eviction||Optional||Optional|
|3-year fixed price, if nothing changes over the next three years, neither will the cost of your policy||No||Yes|