Our contents insurance is designed to offer cover for your personal possessions from as little as £35 a year – 10% of customers who paid annually and took out a new policy between April and June 2018 paid this or even less.
Expert-rated 5 Star contents cover includes...
- Contents sum insured amounts of either £75k or £100k
- Optional Legal cover if you have a dispute with your Landlord e.g. unlawful conviction
- Alternative accommodation up to £25,000 as standard for you and your pets with temporary storage of your contents if your home is uninhabitable following a claim
- £2m cover for liability as an occupier of your rented property
- New for old replacement of items if repair is not feasible
- Cover for improvements you have made as a tenant, for example, fixed tiles and flooring.
More and more people are choosing to rent for reasons such as releasing income or taking time to find the right home while downsizing. If you are new to renting you can read our article on the seven things you should be aware of as a tenant to ensure you get a fair deal.
If you are renting your property it is normally the responsibility of your landlord to purchase buildings insurance, which covers the structure of your home and outbuildings.
A choice of cover levels
|Cover and Benefits||Home||Premier|
|Contents cover up to £100,000
|New for old replacement of items if repair is not feasible|
|Cover for liability as occupier of your rented property up to £2m
|Replacement of matching pairs or sets if we cannot repair or replace individual items to match|
|Damage to your contents by pets
|Cover for food and drink kept in your fridge or freezer
||£500||Up to sum insured|
|Personal belongings covered outside the home
|Legal cover if you have a dispute with your Landlord e.g. unlawful conviction
If you require more than £100,000 cover for your contents please call 0800 096 3251 or see Saga TailorMade Home Insurance.