Saga Home Insurance - Renters and Tenants
If you rent accommodation, our contents insurance is designed to offer cover for your personal possessions from as little as £36 a year - 10% of customers who paid annually when they took out a new policy between July and September 2018 paid this or even less.
Our 5 Star rated contents cover includes...
- Choice of £75,000 or £100,000 cover levels
- Optional Legal Expenses cover if you have a dispute with your landlord such as unlawful eviction
- Alternative accommodation up to £25,000 for you and your pets, plus temporary storage of your contents, if your home is uninhabitable following a claim
- £2,000,000 cover for liability as an occupier of your rented property
- New for old replacement of items if repair is not feasible
- Cover for improvements you have made as a tenant, such as fixed tiles and flooring.
If you are renting your property it is normally the responsibility of your landlord to purchase buildings insurance, which covers the structure of your home and outbuildings.
A choice of cover levels
|Cover and Benefits||Home||Premier|
|Contents cover up to £100,000
|New for old replacement of items if repair is not feasible|
|Cover for liability as occupier of your rented property up to £2,000,000
|Replacement of matching pairs or sets if we cannot repair or replace individual items to match|
|Damage to your contents by pets
|Cover for food and drink kept in your fridge or freezer
||£500||Up to sum insured|
|Personal belongings covered outside the home
|Legal cover if you have a dispute with your Landlord, such as unlawful eviction
If you require more than £100,000 cover for your contents please call 0800 096 3251 or see Saga TailorMade Home Insurance.