Why choose Saga Travel Insurance?
Saga Travel Insurance is rated 5 Stars by Defaqto. We know what's important to our customers who travel, which is why we designed our travel cover with them in mind. Our cover levels include up to £10 million emergency medical cover and up to £10,000 cancellation cover to make sure you are properly protected whilst away.
Features you may not find elsewhere as standard
- No upper age limit or reduction in cover as you get older
- Cover for many pre-existing medical conditions
- Option to protect family and friends of any age, even if they travel without you
- Automatic cover for over 40 popular leisure activities, with optional leisure and winter sports activities.
24–hour medical supportIf you become ill or injured during your trip, here are just some of the things we will pay for:
- Medical treatment
- Rescue services to take you to hospital
- The cost of getting you home to the UK if you are unable to use your return ticket
- Hospital benefit towards incidental expenses for each day you spend in hospital.
Saga Travel Assistance HelplineOur Travel Assistance service is there to help you and provide 24–hour worldwide support including:
- How to replace lost or stolen passports, driving licences, air tickets, or other travel documents
- How to trace your luggage if it is lost or delayed
- Why, how, where and when you should contact local embassies or consulates
- How to transfer money from the UK if you need it
- Guidance for you and your relatives, friends or employers if you are unfortunate enough to go into hospital
- A 'phone home' service if there is an emergency
- A translation and interpretation service if you need it.
A fast, efficient claims service
- All our claims advisers are based in the UK and there are no automated telephone menus
- We aim to ensure that every claim is dealt with quickly and with minimum fuss
- Our medical emergency line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Our claims advisers will be able to advise you, your travelling companion or the doctor on what steps to take to make a claim.
UK based call centres and no automated telephone menusWe aim to provide a high level of customer service and, during opening hours, your call will always be answered by a person rather than a telephone menu system.
*93% of Saga Travel Insurance customers who had a quote between 1 May 2017 and 31 July 2017 would have received a 20% online discount when they bought online. Discount may be withdrawn at any time and applies to the first year only.