1. Find your own style and stick with it. I love the boyfriend silhouette. Tailored jackets teamed with skinny jeans and my brogues, of course.
2. Never wear too short a skirt: I think a longer length to just below the knee is more flattering.
3. The backs of your hands can give your age away. I always moisturise and treat myself to a manicure every couple of weeks. Nicely manicured hands are an asset, so it’s worth treating yourself to a manicure regularly.
4. Moisturise morning and night. I’ve moisturised intensely and have done since I was 11 years old.
5. Invest in one instant wardrobe update each season, such as my M&S Twiggy collection blue trench, which is perfect to wear over everything and lightweight for the British summer.
6. Don’t be afraid to wear colour, even if you just opt for a pair of bright shoes or an accessory.
7. The only colour I can’t wear is yellow. It just doesn’t suit my pale complexion and hair colour.
8. I love black. All these magazine features that say you can’t wear this and you must wear that after a certain age are rubbish!
9. Wear shoes that you are comfortable in. I wear brogues with everything and have been collecting them since I was 18. I must have 40-50 pairs from my travels all over the world – and hundreds of pairs of shoes and boots.
10. I am a great believer in recycling old outfits. I have lots of pieces that I have had for well over 20 years. One favourite is a gorgeous Forties tailored jacket. I love mixing vintage with high street for a more individual look.
To read 40 more style and beauty tips from Twiggy, download the download the digital edition of Saga Magazine’s June issue today.