How to make a claim
The details below are designed to give you guidance on what happens when you make a claim and the steps involved from when you first pick up the phone to register a claim with us, to getting it all settled.
Step 1: Check that you're covered
If you need to make a claim, please check your policy documents first to make sure that you are covered. If you received your documents by email, please login to MySaga to access them.
Your policy schedule will show if you have buildings insurance, contents insurance or both. Your policy documents will also show the excess you have to pay when making a claim. If your claim is for both your buildings and contents you will pay both excesses listed in the documents.
Step 2: Find the right telephone number
You will find the claims telephone number(s) within your policy documents. When you have found the number please call us as soon as you can, with your policy number to hand, so that we can start dealing with your claim straight away.
We want to make the process as quick, straightforward and as stress free as possible for you, therefore:
- Our claims lines are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- All of our advisers are based in the UK and Republic of Ireland and you will speak to a person rather than an automated telephone menu
- Our claims process is straightforward; with no need in the majority of cases to complete any forms.
Step 3: What Saga will do next
We may ask you to send us photographs of the damage, receipts and valuations for items you have purchased, estimates for repairs and any other documentary evidence.
How we handle the claim will depend on the type of claim, this may be to:
- Agree payment over the phone
- Request further information, which we will discuss with you and update you on your claim
- Pass your claim to one of our nominated suppliers to deal with. If this happens it is normally because the value or complexity of the claim is such that we feel a supplier is needed to assist us and you in settling the claim.
Saga Home Emergency
If you have added Saga Home Emergency to your policy and you have a sudden and unexpected emergency that needs immediate action you should call the 24/7 helpline on 0800 092 1426. Saga Home Emergency is available in emergency situations, for example, a water pipe suddenly starts leaking badly and there's nothing you can do to stop it, or you lose all power to your home and/or all your lights stop working. Your schedule within your documents will show if you have added Saga Home Emergency to your policy.