Single trip travel insurance
Benefits of Saga Travel Insurance
- Travel for up to 120 days
- Tailored for the over 50s with no upper age limit
- Cover for many pre-existing medical conditions
- Up to £10,000 cancellation cover
- Up to £10 million emergency medical cover
- Up to £5,000 baggage cover.
Extra benefits at no extra costAs well as covering the expected, we go further to cover aspects that you may not expect to be included as standard and at no extra cost, such as:
- Up to £1,500 for a replacement flight
- Up to £1,500 enforced stay cover
- Up to £5,000 substitute accommodation cover
- Up to £10,000 abandonment cover.
Find out more about our single trip cover levels.
To learn more about how we go above and beyond for our customers, take a look at why choose Saga Travel Insurance.
Travel helpline - We’re there for you 24/7
- English speaking travel assistance helpline – our friendly team will be there for you 24 hours a day for advice before and during your trip
- Our friendly team will help you trace lost luggage, replace lost or stolen passports and can help you with translation and interpretation
- Before you go, they will even give you advice on vaccinations and local information.
Medical assistance when you're away
We can help you get medical assistance if you fall ill by directing you to a pre-approved practice, while your policy will help protect you financially from the costs involved. Where needed, we can even arrange for you to come home and receive more treatment in the UK, with coverage for the cost of cutting short your trip.
Cover for your friends and familyOur single trip travel insurance is tailored for the over 50s but you can add your family and friends who are under 50 to your policy, too.
Destinations and regions
Our single trip policies cover all destinations however, we are unable to provide cover if you travel to an area where the Foreign and Commonwealth Office have advised against travelling to.
How does it compare to annual multi-trip cover?
Annual multi-trip travel insurance is suitable for those who plan to travel more than once a year. If you are only travelling once in a 12 month period, single trip travel insurance may be more suitable for you.*Customers who got a Saga Travel Insurance online quote and bought between 16 October 2017 to 31 December 2017, would save an average of 25% off their premium. Discount may be withdrawn at any time and applies to the first year only.