Single trip travel insurance
Perfect for a short break or a longer holiday up to 120 days in duration.
Single trip travel insurance
Single trip policies are most suited to those planning a one-off trip, a holiday abroad, or even a couple of short stay city breaks. Our single trip travel insurance covers you for a trip of up to 120 days anywhere in the world.
Saga Travel Insurance COVID-19 cover
- Cancellation - If you, a close relative or anyone you are planning to travel with or stay with, receives, in writing, a positive test result for coronavirus within 14 days of your trip commencing, we will pay you up to the amount shown in your policy Schedule for your share of any irrecoverable unused travel and accommodation (including excursions), and other pre-paid charges you have paid or are contracted to pay.
- Abandonment - If you, a close relative or anyone you are travelling with or staying with receives in writing, a positive test result for coronavirus during your trip we will pay for unused travel and accommodation (including excursions), and other pre-paid charges which you have paid or are contracted to pay provided you are forced to cut your trip short.
- Emergency medical expenses and repatriation - up to £10,000,000 (up to £5,000 for trips within the UK) – this means associated emergency medical expenses and costs to return you back home following falling ill with COVID-19 on your trip.
Please note that you will not be covered under our policy if you travel against the FCDO's, the UK government's or your doctor's advice.
To find out more about what we cover for COVID-19, please visit our Travel insurance and coronavirus page.
Benefits of Saga Travel Insurance
- Travel for up to 120 days
- Tailored for the over 50s with no upper age limit
- Cover for many pre-existing medical conditions
- Up to £10,000 cancellation cover
- Up to £10 million emergency medical cover
- Up to £5,000 baggage cover.
Extra benefits at no extra cost
As well as cover you would expect from a travel insurance policy, we go further to include at no extra cost some aspects you may not expect as standard, such as:
- Up to £1,500 for a replacement flight
- Up to £1,500 enforced stay cover
- Up to £5,000 substitute accommodation cover
- Up to £10,000 abandonment cover.
Find out more about our single trip cover levels.
Travel helpline - We’re there for you 24/7
- English-speaking travel assistance helpline – our friendly team will be there for you 24 hours a day for advice before and during your trip
- They can help you trace lost luggage, replace lost or stolen passports and help you with translation and interpretation
- They can also give you advice on vaccinations and provide local information before you go away.
Medical assistance when you’re away
We can help you get medical assistance if you fall ill by directing you to a pre-approved practice, while your policy will cover the costs involved. Where needed, we can even arrange for you to come home to continue treatment in the UK, and cover the cost of cutting short your trip.
Cover for your friends and family
Our single trip travel insurance is tailored for the over 50s but family and friends under 50, who are travelling with you, can be added to your policy too.
Both our single trip and annual multi-trip policies include the following features:
|Policy limits for each insured person per trip||Excess applicable per claim|
|Cancellation||Up to £10,000*||Yes|
|Missed departure||Up to £1,000||No|
|Delayed departure||Up to £35 for the first 12 hour period, £15 for each 12 hour period after that||No|
|Abandonment||Up to £10,000||Yes|
|Delayed baggage||Up to £250||No|
|Lost, stolen or damaged baggage||Up to £5,000 (£600 single article limit and £1,000 total valuables limit)||Yes|
|Emergency medical and associated expenses||Up to £10,000,000||Yes|
|Hospital benefit||Up to £25 for each 24 hour period (£1,000 maximum)||No|
|Personal accident||Up to £30,000 (£1,000 if aged under 16, £15,000 if over 70)||No|
|Criminal injury benefit||Up to £30,000||No|
|Substitute accommodation||Up to £5,000||Yes|
|Enforced stay||Up to £1,500||Yes|
|Loss of passport||Up to £350||No|
|Personal money||Up to £500 (£300 limit for cash) (£100 limit for cash if aged under 16)||Yes|
|End supplier failure||Up to £1,500||No|
|Pet care||Up to £25 for each 24 hour period (£300 maximum)||No|
|Hijack and mugging||Up to £50 for each 24 hour period (£1,000 maximum)||No|
|Air rage||Up to £1,000||No|
|Personal liability||Up to £2,000,000||Yes|
|Legal expenses and advice||Up to £50,000||No|
*Unless you have opted to change or remove this limit, in which case it will be shown on your policy Schedule.
Optional cover: Winter Sports
|Policy limits for each insured person per trip||Excesses per claim|
|Equipment||Up to £750 for your equipment
Up to £550 for hired equipment
|Delay due to avalanche||Up to £300||No|
|Piste closure||Up to £30 or £40 for each day (£400 maximum)||No|
|Ski pack||Up to £350||No|
|Inability to take part in winter sports activities||£20 for each day (£200 maximum)||No|
Destinations and regions
Our single trip policies cover all destinations. However, we are unable to provide cover if you travel to an area that the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office has advised against travelling to.
|Single trip policies|
|Single trip policy||All destinations||Up to 120 days' cover per single trip policy|
How does it compare to annual multi-trip cover?
Annual multi-trip travel insurance is suitable for those who plan to travel more than once a year. If you are only travelling once in a 12-month period, single trip travel insurance may be more suitable for you.
Saga’s range of insurance products is designed specifically for our customers and is unique to us. Saga Travel Insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, which meets our high standards of quality and service.
Our Trustpilot score is based solely on customer reviews and is a combined score of all our products.