Single trip travel insurance
Single trip policies are most suited to those planning a one-off trip, a holiday abroad, or even a couple of short stay city breaks. Our single trip travel insurance covers you for a trip of up to 120 days anywhere in the world.
Benefits of Saga Travel Insurance
- Travel for up to 120 days
- Tailored for the over 50s with no upper age limit
- Cover for many pre-existing medical conditions
- Up to £10,000 cancellation cover
- Up to £10 million emergency medical cover
- Up to £5,000 baggage cover.
Extra benefits at no extra cost
As well as cover you would expect from a travel insurance policy, we go further to include at no extra cost some aspects you may not expect as standard, such as:
- Up to £1,500 for a replacement flight
- Up to £1,500 enforced stay cover
- Up to £5,000 substitute accommodation cover
- Up to £10,000 abandonment cover.
Find out more about our single trip cover levels.
To learn more about how we go above and beyond for our customers, take a look at Why choose Saga Travel Insurance.
Travel helpline - We’re there for you 24/7
- English-speaking travel assistance helpline – our friendly team will be there for you 24 hours a day for advice before and during your trip
- They can help you trace lost luggage, replace lost or stolen passports and help you with translation and interpretation
- They can also give you advice on vaccinations and provide local information before you go away.
Medical assistance when you’re away
We can help you get medical assistance if you fall ill by directing you to a pre-approved practice, while your policy will cover the costs involved. Where needed, we can even arrange for you to come home to continue treatment in the UK, and cover the cost of cutting short your trip.
Cover for your friends and family
Our single trip travel insurance is tailored for the over 50s but family and friends under 50, who are travelling with you, can be added to your policy too.
Destinations and regions
Our single trip policies cover all destinations. However, we are unable to provide cover if you travel to an area that the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has advised against travelling to.
How does it compare to annual multi-trip cover?
Annual multi-trip travel insurance is suitable for those who plan to travel more than once a year. If you are only travelling once in a 12-month period, single trip travel insurance may be more suitable for you.