If you are covered by Saga Travel Insurance, our Travel Assistance service can help you in an emergency and provide 24-hour worldwide support. In addition you can also receive help from the British Consulate.
How can Saga help?
All Saga Travel Insurance policy holders are able to use our Travel Assistance service which provides advice and guidance on:
- How to replace lost or stolen passports, driving licenses, air tickets, or other travel documents
- How to trace your luggage if it is lost or delayed
- Why, how, where and when you should contact local embassies or consulates
- How to transfer money from home if you need it.
In addition, Saga Travel Assistance provides:
- Advice and guidance to you and your relatives, friends or employers if you are unfortunate enough to go into hospital
- A ‘phone home’ service if there is an emergency
- A translation and interpretation service if you need it.
If you need to claim on your Saga Travel Insurance, please visit our how to make a claim
How can the British Consulate help?
Consuls are there to protect the interests of their nationals whilst abroad and can:
- Issue emergency passports
- Contact relatives/friends to arrange help with money/tickets
- Put you in touch with lawyers, interpreters and doctors
- Help if you are in hospital or become a victim of crime
- Make special arrangements in the event of a natural disaster, civil unrest or terrorism.
They cannot pay hotel, legal, medical or other bills or obtain accommodation for you.
You can find detailed information about Britain's varied consular services, split by country, on the UK Government embassy page.
*Customers who purchased a policy online between February 2018 and April 2018, on average received a discount of 30%.