1. Roll the pastry a bit thinner so that its a half cm thick. Cut the dough into 8 (12cm x 12cm) squares. Chill while you make the filling.
2. In a medium bowl mix the apples with the raspberries, cornflour, sugar, and vanilla paste. Mix together and set aside. Arrange the 8 squares in a diamond shape. Brush the edges with egg and divide the fruit between the squares situating the mixture on the lower half of the diamond. Fold one corner over so that it becomes a triangle. Use a fork to press the edges down. Trim the excess dough, brush the tops with egg and place on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
3. Freeze for 15 minutes or until hard. Preheat oven to 210c/190c fan assisted. Place a baking tray in the oven to heat.
4. Slice a few cuts on the top of each. Place the paper and pastries on the hot baking tray and cook for 25 minutes or until golden. Let cool on a rack.
5. In a small bowl mix together the icing sugar with the lemon juice. Whisk until smooth. When the pastries are done and cooled, drizzle the icing over.
Our thanks to Love Fresh Berries for providing this recipe.
Visit our baking section for more delicious pastries, cakes, biscuits and more