Creamy lime cheesecake
A fragrant lime-flavoured topping and a crushed-macaroon base provide a fresh twist on an old favourite.
- 55g (2 oz) Stork packet
- 175g (6 oz) macaroon biscuits, crushed
- 225g (8 oz) cream cheese
- 25g (1 oz) caster sugar
- 1 medium egg yolk, separated
- 75ml (2½ fl oz) double cream
- Finely grated rind of ½ lime
- 15g (½ oz) sultanas
- Melt the Stork and stir in the biscuits. Press the mixture into the base of a 20cm (8 inch) flan ring or shallow pie dish.
- Beat the cheese with the sugar, egg yolk, cream and lime rind until smooth. Fold in the sultanas. Whisk the egg white. until stiff and fold in. Pour the mixture on to the biscuit base.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C, 350°F, Gas 4 for 40-45 minutes until set.
- Allow to cool.
Recipe provided by Stork. For further baking tips and recipe ideas please visit www.bakewithstork.co.uk.
The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by Saga unless specifically stated.
The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal, medical or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.